Candle Oil

Hi, I am not sure if this is posted in the right category so if it is not, please accept my apologies and move this post to the proper category! Thanks

I need to know if there is a way to scent 99% pure paraffin candle oil using FO's or EO's?? I am using BCN's oil candle inserts for my carved candles and would really love to find a way to scent the oil!

I have found a few places on the net that sell scented lamp oil but don't care for their choices and would love to make my own.

Any opinions appreciated!

Thanks and God Bless,

OFCILynn

The oil would have to be exposed to the air and warmed in order to get any scent. It won't come from the flame. Even if the oil surface is exposed, this could be dangerous to experiment with. Some FOs will separate from the liquid paraffin (mineral oil) and could catch fire. The issue is kinda similar to gel but maybe worse. You could test the FOs as people do with gel, but occasionally there can be separation that's very hard to see.

This is what I really thought but wanted to check! I did not see how any scented oil could throw a scent without being heated and knew that the actual FO would burn off a wick! Thank you for clarifying this for me!

I was hoping though that there was SOME way to add some scents to carved candles! LOL

Thanks so much for your reply!

God Bless,

OFCILynn

The oil would have to be exposed to the air and warmed in order to get any scent. It won't come from the flame. Even if the oil surface is exposed, this could be dangerous to experiment with. Some FOs will separate from the liquid paraffin (mineral oil) and could catch fire. The issue is kinda similar to gel but maybe worse. You could test the FOs as people do with gel, but occasionally there can be separation that's very hard to see.