Metro Jar from Fancy Candle Jars

SDM

Of course you wouldn't, you are always tooting their horn over here. :rolleyes:

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, I think GrannysCandles is getting some kind of kick back from FCJ aka Ron for hyping his company up and getting people to order from him.

Nothing wrong with that per say, but when you can't pull the wool away for a second to actually SEE that what Ron replied to Susan was indeed condescending and just plain rude, well.......... :rolleyes:

I only wish I were getting a kick back. :yay: That was a pretty nasty thing to say and it was uncalled for. Why do you have to be so nasty? Forget it, I don't need an answer to that one.

I have always tried to share good suppliers and good products. Fancy Candle Jars is located very close to me and Ron has been very helpful and willing to negotiate to make my purchases worthwhile. To me, that is good customer service. I will continue to make purchases from Fancy Candle Jars because of excellent customer service, unbeatable prices on the jars and the shipping.

Everyone is entitled to their opinions.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course you wouldn't, you are always tooting their horn over here. :rolleyes:

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, I think GrannysCandles is getting some kind of kick back from FCJ aka Ron for hyping his company up and getting people to order from him.

Nothing wrong with that per say, but when you can't pull the wool away for a second to actually SEE that what Ron replied to Susan was indeed condescending and just plain rude, well.......... :rolleyes:

Wow. alot of people toot their horn over this supplier or that supplier. Does that mean that anybody who raves over an fo from this place or that is getting a kickback? Or wax? Or jars? While his response may not have been what she wanted, its her choice to do business there or not. Slamming FCJ or Grannyscandles doesnt change anything. As a small business, she expressed her concern for outrageous shipping and he managed to lower his. He is close to me too. As a smaller company Im sure he understands our concern for outrageous shipping. Grannyscandles shared this info with everyone. She didnt have to. Again, somebody was trying to share some info and ended up getting burned for it. Michi, I think that was a horrible thing you said to Grannyscandles and really borders on flaming.

OMG.. I would write him back and tell him you posted his email back to you on a very populated candle message board and we are all boycotting them. He sucks @ss in my opinion. Give me his email addy, I would be glad to give him a piece of my mind for talking to you the way he did. My gosh.. People like that really piss me off!!!

I have never had any problems with the Jar Store. I also get glassware from Cajun Candle and never had a problem either. This Fancy place needs to fall off the earth!

Christina

OMG.. I would write him back and tell him you posted his email back to you on a very populated candle message board and we are all boycotting them. He sucks @ss in my opinion. Give me his email addy, I would be glad to give him a piece of my mind for talking to you the way he did. My gosh.. People like that really piss me off!!!

I have never had any problems with the Jar Store. I also get glassware from Cajun Candle and never had a problem either. This Fancy place needs to fall off the earth!

Christina

OMG LOL you go girl!!!

:mad: Yeah, I would if I could get a hold of him. Ya know, I have never purchased from him and never will even if there is 1 person who thinks he is great. Just seeing that letter makes me mad!!!!!!!

Just ask Brenda from Greenleaf how I feel about poor business people. Drives me up the wall!

Brenda has many of us spoiled by the way she handles things. I love her to death.

Brambleberry is another one that even though I say I wont order again, I will only order on the phone from Ann Marie..

Christina

Well, okay, the response you got from FCJ isn't quite what I'd have expected were I in your shoes. But I didn't see that it was as negative as others viewed it, either.

I'll lay odds he was a little taken aback by what you wrote here: "I had heard that the Metro jars did crack easily, but I liked the look of it so much..." Seems to me he focused on why people might be saying these jars break easily, and has decided that maybe Y*nkee Candle was onto something with their proper lid removal instructions.

There's nothing wrong with focusing on the big picture, but it's too bad he didn't also recognize how you must've felt as a potential customer when your first product from his company broke while opening it.

What's that they say about missed opportunities...?

I'm sorry if you felt my post was "nasty" or "flaming" I just spoke my mind about my observations, it was not my intention to be that way, you must be reading my words differently than the way they were intended to be read.

I had made a post a few weeks back, about a completely different type of jar, and Grannyscandles replied, that we should buy our jars from FJC, even though they don't even sell this type of jar I was talking about.

And if you did read my post, I did say there was nothing wrong with that per say, but she just didn't see ANYTHING wrong at all with the email reply from Ron to Susan, and I find that hard to believe.

Yes, everyone brags occasionally about this supplier or that supplier etc. I don't have a problem with that (and I stated that originally), I just found it kind of ironic that she was "tooting" their horn left and right there for a few weeks, even stating that he lowered his shipping charges to accommodate her and others(which I did not find to be true for me-same shipping price as another supplier I've used in the same part of the country).

I was NOT slamming her or his company, only commenting on the email that was written and on others replies to this as well.

Quietgirl, I'm happy for you if you get great service from them, and reasonable/discounted shipping, etc. and I'm always happy to hear of a respectable, reasonably priced supplier that is willing to help us smaller guys out.

Like I said, I was only making an observation about how OFTEN and vehemently she praises this company, to where it SEEMS that she may be benefiting from it in some way or another, and I don't have a problem with that at all- heck, if a company offered a deal like that to me I'd do it also- and did not feel that what I said was derogatory, only that maybe that her relationship with this business was keeping her from "seeing" that his reply wasn't very professional and that it was hurtful to his potential customers feelings and not conducive to gaining sales.

Quoted from Michi:

I'm sorry if you felt my post was "nasty" or "flaming" I just spoke my mind about my observations, it was not my intention to be that way, you must be reading my words differently than the way they were intended to be read

I am sure you think you are quite clever. You are not.

Michi wrote " I am sorry if my post, (e-mail), was inflaming. You must be reading my words differently than the way they were intended to read." I can sympathathize with you.

I am certain my reference to "DIRECTIONS" did not intend to imply Susan was "STUPID" or an IDIOT"!! I am equally certain that the nations leading candle company did not have those signs posted to intentionally offend all shoppers. I wonder how many were? They were for information only as was my e-mail.

I use the word candlemakers in many of my e-mails because I am addressing candlemakers. Who else would need 36 empty candle jars? I go on to say, "They buy from my company because of PRICE, QUALITY, and SERVICE."

You speak to my SERVICE by saying, "I appreciate your quick response in getting the samples sent out." Several of you refer to my competitor as having a similiar product quality. I am proud of the QUALITY of my METRO candle jars and feature them in my store, wholesale and fund raising venues

as many of you who stop by can attest.

With regard to PRICE, one of my competitors was mentioned favorably several times. The next time you are on their site, quietly wonder why they price their frosted 12oz. Metro $.34 per jar higher than I do. Ask aloud why they place a $.20 cent premium on ALL their frosted jars when I only place a $.05 cent premium on SOME of my candle jars.

I started FCJ with the small to medium sized candlemaker in mind. My jars are priced per case like you were placing pallet sized orders. If an order comes in before 4PM CST it goes out the same day. I not only provide wick information, I provide free wicks on all APOTHECARY candle jars with a two case order. Who else does that?

"You must have been reading my words differently than they were intended".

The next time you take offense at what you read, please go to the source for clarification. It was never my intention to embarass or insult you.

PS Michi

After comparing my price with the competition,you can understand why I cannot afford to give "kick-backs" Candlemakers use FCJ because of price, quality, and service ONLY. You owe someone an apology.

Michi wrote " I am sorry if my post, (e-mail), was inflaming. You must be reading my words differently than the way they were intended to read." I can sympathathize with you.

I am certain my reference to "DIRECTIONS" did not intend to imply Susan was "STUPID" or an IDIOT"!! I am equally certain that the nations leading candle company did not have those signs posted to intentionally offend all shoppers. I wonder how many were? They were for information only as was my e-mail.

I use the word candlemakers in many of my e-mails because I am addressing candlemakers. Who else would need 36 empty candle jars? I go on to say, "They buy from my company because of PRICE, QUALITY, and SERVICE."

You speak to my SERVICE by saying, "I appreciate your quick response in getting the samples sent out." Several of you refer to my competitor as having a similiar product quality. I am proud of the QUALITY of my METRO candle jars and feature them in my store, wholesale and fund raising venues

as many of you who stop by can attest.

With regard to PRICE, one of my competitors was mentioned favorably several times. The next time you are on their site, quietly wonder why they price their frosted 12oz. Metro $.34 per jar higher than I do. Ask aloud why they place a $.20 cent premium on ALL their frosted jars when I only place a $.05 cent premium on SOME of my candle jars.

I started FCJ with the small to medium sized candlemaker in mind. My jars are priced per case like you were placing pallet sized orders. If an order comes in before 4PM CST it goes out the same day. I not only provide wick information, I provide free wicks on all APOTHECARY candle jars with a two case order. Who else does that?

The next time you take offense at what you read, please go to the source for clarification. It was never my intention to embarass or insult you.

PS Michi

After comparing my price with the competition,you can understand why I cannot afford to give "kick-backs" Candlemakers use FCJ because of price, quality, and service ONLY. You owe someone an apology.

So I see that you only have one post. My guess is someone emailed you to come over here and state your claim. Considering you just joined today, I may be RIGHT!

I do NOT see where Michi owes you an apology. Your email which many of us have read was downright rude coming from someone who wants business. Your jars may have lower prices then others, but that doesnt make you a better business person. Your email will keep me and others away from dealing with you at all. I have never dealt with you and just based on that email alone, I never will. You as a business owner should not write emails to your customers that way.

Christina

That email from Ron at FCJ was very definitely condescending. Be glad this happened before you spent any money there. I've ordered from The Jar Store and they have wonderful glass. They are at www.jarstore.com.

Whether it be FCJ or the Jar Store, I have had it happen to me with the Metro Jars from the Jar Store also. I have also had an uneven base on the bottoms of the Metro Jars from The Jar Store. I have purchased this similar item from another supplier for double the cost and the glass was thicker, the lids fit better and the bases were flatter. IMO...you get what you pay for.

I've gotten samples of these Metro Jars from both companies mentioned and they are all just cheap imitations of Libbey's Status Rock Jars!! I was hoping to find a cheaper jar with these metros, but IMHO they don't hold up like the real rock jars. The covers were VERY hard to get on and off, the glass is way thinner and there were just too many imperfections for my taste to make them a good replacement, cheaper maybe, but the quality isn't there compared to Libbeys. Like someone said, you get what you pay for with these jars, plus I'd be afraid a customer would have one break and cut themselves!! :shocked2:

I've gotten samples of these Metro Jars from both companies mentioned and they are all just cheap imitations of Libbey's Status Rock Jars!! I was hoping to find a cheaper jar with these metros, but IMHO they don't hold up like the real rock jars. The covers were VERY hard to get on and off, the glass is way thinner and there were just too many imperfections for my taste to make them a good replacement, cheaper maybe, but the quality isn't there compared to Libbeys. Like someone said, you get what you pay for with these jars, plus I'd be afraid a customer would have one break and cut themselves!! :shocked2:

I agree Chris!

Christina

I agree Chris, I used the Libbey Status Jars and quite honestly after receiving a sample from the jars store I'd only use the Libbey. They are MUCH higher quality even if they do cost a bit more. I've never, ever had one to break on me, and I used the same case of Libbey jars to test with for almost a year without a single break. I decided not to carry them right now or I'd still buy them.

I've got two brand new cases in the classifieds for $12 each minus the lids if anyone wants to see the difference in quality. You won't be disapointed.

Ooh, I've got to say something now! I think Ron's response was nothing but tacky in his email to SDM, and then to come here to try and publicly defend his product, and at the same time insult other members here was nothing but a bad move on his part.

Yankee puts instructions on how to open their jars to PREVENT PEOPLE FROM DROPPING THEM. I have a store and sell Yankees, and I see how they handle them. It is NOT because the jar will crack when they pull the lid off. What a complete insult to even add that in the email. Yankee doesn't buy their jars from Ron, so why even try to associate himself with them.

Then, for him to challenge the cost of another vendor's prices was competely unprofessional, even if a member mentioned or compared prices. But, since he suggests we visit their site and see why they charge more, maybe everyone should. Is it because maybe their jars are a better quality? Is it because they don't jack up the shipping to compensate for lower prices?

I don't know. I've never bought from either company and have not spent the time to compare their prices, but I'm always suspicious when someone tries to put questions in a customers head to distract from the issue at hand.

Ooh, I've got to say something now! I think Ron's response was nothing but tacky in his email to SDM, and then to come here to try and publicly defend his product, and at the same time insult other members here was nothing but a bad move on his part.

Yankee puts instructions on how to open their jars to PREVENT PEOPLE FROM DROPPING THEM. I have a store and sell Yankees, and I see how they handle them. It is NOT because the jar will crack when they pull the lid off. What a complete insult to even add that in the email. Yankee doesn't buy their jars from Ron, so why even try to associate himself with them.

Then, for him to challenge the cost of another vendor's prices was competely unprofessional, even if a member mentioned or compared prices. But, since he suggests we visit their site and see why they charge more, maybe everyone should. Is it because maybe their jars are a better quality? Is it because they don't jack up the shipping to compensate for lower prices?

I don't know. I've never bought from either company and have not spent the time to compare their prices, but I'm always suspicious when someone tries to put questions in a customers head to distract from the issue at hand.

Is there an applause emoticon? I agree with everything you said. The email to a customer was bad enough, but coming on the board to justify it was tacky in the extreme. Customer service is so important, but it seems to be a dead art.

So, its wrong to hear both sides of a story? It's ok one for one person to make a complaint post about a supplier that will possibly reach as many as 3,000+ people and you think its a problem if he tries to come here and explain himself? I would have done the same thing he did. Why do some of you say you feel "unsafe" having a supplier here after you've complained about them? Because you cant handle confrontation of your remarks or what? Im sorry I dont understand that one. Its easy to complain about somebody behind their back, but it takes a bigger person to handle things one on one. Just like you have a business, so does he. You can choose to buy or not. Your choice. What if one of your customers was unhappy with one of your products and got on the message boards or told 3,000 people? How would YOU feel? How long do you think YOU'D be in business? Would you want to defend your products if you thought they were good? Would you want to confront that person? I would. I seriously think some of you just like conflict and then there's those of you who love to feed it. Theres also some of you who would b**ch if you were hung with a new rope.

Bravo Ron and welcome to the board.

SDM was entitled to her opinion of the way she was treated by this company. Many also took offense to the letter she received from Ron.

If Ron was made aware of this thread, then why didn't he address the issue with SDM herself and take his own advice he posted here, to in his own words, "please go to the source for clarification." Why didn't he send her another private email apologizing for what he believes was a misunderstanding. Don't you think she would have very likely updated us on that as well? You see, that scenario could have resulted in a happy ending, but no, by his comments here, I think all he did was add fuel to the fire.

There's a thing called "public relations" that he needs to learn about. He obviously feared that this thread could cost him some sales. So he decided to come here and try to do some damage control, but what he did, in my opinion was cause more.

He couldn't simply apologize, he had to get a plug in for his company, and at the same time, also take a stab at his competitor which should absolutely not be allowed by a supplier. BAD MOVE. If he wants to brag about price, quality, blah, blah, blah, let him put that info under "Supplier Announcements", not here.

Then he further compounded the problem by smarting off to Michi, claiming she owed someone an apology. I think he owes everyone here an apology.

If someone has an issue with customer service or a product, I think they absolutely should have a right to make a post about it here. SDM tried to let them know she had a problem--with a mere sample, mind you, and got a slap in the face in the form of Ron's email for letting them know about it. In her shock over the rude treatment she got, she shared it with us. Who wouldn't do what she did? She couldn't expect to get anywhere with the company after the email she got.

I don't for one minute think he made his post here to make peace with SDM. It was nothing more than a pitiful plug for his company, and an opportunity to insult the rest of us by thinking we're too stupid to recognize it.

"With regard to PRICE, one of my competitors was mentioned favorably several times. The next time you are on their site, quietly wonder why they price their frosted 12oz. Metro $.34 per jar higher than I do. Ask aloud why they place a $.20 cent premium on ALL their frosted jars when I only place a $.05 cent premium on SOME of my candle jars.

PS Michi

After comparing my price with the competition,you can understand why I cannot afford to give "kick-backs" Candlemakers use FCJ because of price, quality, and service ONLY. You owe someone an apology."

T A C K Y.

GOOOOO SOCK MONKEY!!!!!!!!!!

:yay: :highfive:

as I do see a part of Quietgirl's opinion as " right" , I think he did it in the wrong way. But honestly, after his email to SMJ, nothing he says could be right in my mind. He didnt come back to talk to SMJ, he came back to read about it and basically his whole post was toward MICHI which wasn't the one he bought from.

Now Masterbaker- I agree with you on the Ron part, but the Grannyscandles was a bit extreme. You may not agree with her sticking up for him, but she is a very valuable member of this board and doesn't deserve to be treated that way. Many of us don't always see eye to eye, but we never , ever, at least from what I have seen, ever said something like that to another member of this board unless we knew it was a TROLL. We are all entitled to our opinions but I personally think you went a little far!

If you don't like the way that Ron dealt with the situation, just boycott his business, tell all your friends not to buy ( like I told everyone ) and leave it be. Let him look like the idiot.

Masterbaker- you are becoming a great member of this board - keep it that way LOL Calm down.. Breathe in , breathe out!! Relax!!!

:P