MP Fun / Fish Slices

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very good Grumpy!! :) You just spoiled our surprise though. ;)

I'm definitely going to have to hand this one over if my five year old sees it. :rolleyes::(

What did you scent it??

I'm assuming that the plant life is plastic right? From the plants used in fish tanks? At least that is what most peeps use when making the fish soaps. :)

I'm with you, I prefer making M&P in log molds, although my cutting skills leave much to be desired. :eek:

You'll definitely notice when my box comes that I can't cut a straight bar to save my soul. :mad:

I cannot wait to get my swap boxes (I'm in the other swap also (candle/soap hosted by Synascents). :D

I'd love to share.

It's actually six layers.

The first was the inital layer of "sand."

The second was actually glopping whipped MP "sand" on one side from the top of the mold to the bottom in a line to hold the plants.

The next pour was a tad bit of the MP "sand" to even out the glopping and blend it with the rest of the first layer so there was a smooth transition from the sand hill and the bottom.

The next layer, (and the part I messed up a bit by pouring too hot) was the clear MP water layer. You want just enough to set your fish, maybe about 1/2 inch deep. Think of it as a platform. After this sets a bit, but not completely, you have to work fast to get the fish set down into it just enough to where they don't float away when you do the next pour and cover them. Maybe about 1/16 of an inch into the platform

Do another short pour after affixing the fish to the platform layer to hold them in good. If you pour too hot, you'll break them loose from the platform. Let this layer set up, but don't let it cool off.

Then, after that layer had set a bit, and secured them in from their eyeballs down, I filled the entire mold up with the rest of the "water" MP. I let it sit over night, and freehand cut between each fish, making sure that I left soap between them.

It actually sounds worse than what it is. If I had it to do again, I would have poured the first water layer cooler, because you can see the line that the fish is setting on since it's cloudy from the sand layer melting a bit, and it kind of ruins the effect. I also would have used about half the color in the clear MP. I think that even doing it colorless would have been kinda cool since the soap itself is so clear.

Hope this helps someone.

And thanks Maryann for the recommendation of the oatmeal MP... it was perfect.

Your welcome :smiley2: !!

I like the color of the water. Hope these two FO don't discolor that was my biggest problem (still is w/ M&P)

Don't you just LUV this oatmeal base?? That's what I used for your first M&P swap and it has enough scent (awesome at that), that I didn't scent it!

You did a great job with the pours, it does sound tricky, but the only pour you can see is the one you had a problem with. I'm just amazed w/ the # of pours and you can't tell.

JUST ANOTHER AWESOME SOAP by GG (I think the gremlins are gone) :yes: !!!