MP Fun / Fish Slices

It's so hard to take a decent photo of these that will do them justice with this crappy camera. Made for the MP Swap and scented Peaks Ocean, and ICS Seabreeze.

I wasn't sure if my plan would work, but with exception to putting just a tad too much color in the clear, and having just a bit of a meltdown between the sand and water it didn't turn out too bad all things considered. I've never seen anyone do a fish slice scene before, but maybe they have and I've just missed it.

First photo is of the log itself, and the method behind my madness.

The lineup of the fish remind of of horses at the gate for a race...

fishlog1.jpg

This is the finished product.

fishslicempswap.jpg

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, you just gave me an idea for my show, I always like to take something that will appeal to the kiddies, I might have to do something similar, I have everything it takes.

I can't believe how good they look, they only ones I saw similar were in the clam shells. Awesome.

Those are great.

What made you make them in a log mold instead of regular MP molds?

Also what MP base did you use? I have tried different clear bases but all of them were very drying.

Well, I made them in a log mold because it was something I'd never seen done before and it was a challenge. Also, I don't care for the square clamshells. I prefer a log mold for all my MP soap. I did use Tony's half round molds for 5 of them, because I needed five more for the swap. The layout is basically the same as the log mold though.

I used SFIC's extra clear and WSP's Oatmeal bases with a few added ingredients.

That is too cool, grumpy girl....I absolutely love it!!!!! My boys would love those!!!!! Did you say those are going to be in our soap boxes, if so I can't wait to get my bar!!!!:yay:

By the way what did you make the plant out of, is that from a mold as well??

Those are great.

What made you make them in a log mold instead of regular MP molds?

Also what MP base did you use? I have tried different clear bases but all of them were very drying.

What is a "regular MP mold"? LOL. I make MP in the same molds I make CP in.. and then some :D

Adorable fishies Grump... you're a genius!