Chandlers Trade Mag Launching Summer 06!!!

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are creating a landing site for our Chandler Mag. You can check us out within the next few days at chandlerquarterly.com. This will not be a forum, however we will have polls to be included in our publication.

Thank you everyone for your support!

Can you let us know a little about yourself? :) Who is backing this magazine, who you are, your experience? I am a little weary of sending my personal information at this point, your profile and this thread contain no indicators--just being a bit protective before I give my information. I don't intend this in negative fashion, I am excited to see a trade magazine myself. Thanks :)

We are creating a landing site for our Chandler Mag. You can check us out within the next few days at chandlerquarterly.com. This will not be a forum, however we will have polls to be included in our publication.

Thank you everyone for your support!

A chandler mag would be great, but if it's a print publication how can you do it for free? I tried the website, nothing there, not even a 'under construction' notice.

I understand! My name is Valerie, I am a candlemaker and have been in the business for a few years. When I started, I made a lot of costly mistakes and didn't know where to go for information. I also did not know about this forum, (wish I had!) Anyway, My father is a publisher in Kissimmee, Florida, his company is called Magnifier. His company will be publishing the magazine as well as handling advertisements. To make a long story short, I was making dinner for my kids, I looked over to my right, saw Better Homes and Gardens sitting on my counter, and I said to my self, why dont we have that? So, I called my Father, asked him to help, and here we are. I am dead set on this being a non-biased publication, I work with soy, but this isn't just about me, its for all Chandler's. I have contacted a few "seasoned professionals" in the industry to invite them to be an expert columnist and have had great feedback, so it looks as though this Magazine will be what we all need. If you would like more information i.e. my phone and mailing address, you can request it at editor@chandlerquarterly.com Thank you!

What we are doing right now is logging the mailing addresses that we are receiving into a database to be used for the mailing house So far we have 9,368! We will not in any way sell or use these addresses for any other purpose than for the mailing of Chandler Quarterly.

Thanks Valerie, makes me feel alot better, these days I am always weary about giving out information. Have had someone attempt to use my husband's identity, but lucky for us Sears was on the ball and we were notified in time to stop anything. I have been cautious every since. Thanks, Cheers, Di

This sounds very cool, i was wondering where this mag was...Theres some good suggestions on here already but I think you should also have a featured artist section and maybe a contest section with different categories, where they could win prizes or advertising space.

I'll bet most on here would pay for this mag in the future and with that money you could make it even bigger and better maybe even a monthly publication.