Pillar?

I have only done 3" diam. pillars and have ventured out to the 2 & 4" ones. For my 3" pillars they get a FMP in 3 hours but can be burned all day with the edges rolling themselvs in No blowouts. Makes me happy :) Okay so for the 2" ones I get a FMP in the 2 hours that you should but can only burn these for 5 hours at a time and they blow out. The edges roll in themselves. Do you in your opinion think this okay. Curious to see what everyone thinks. Oh and by the way I have a long way to go on the 4" ones LOL :(

Never really had very good results with 2" pillars. If you are getting a good burn with an 18fp, that's great. Have been very pleased with recent burn tests with HTP wicks on 3" pillars. Think I will give them a try on 2" and see what happens :)

For what it's worth ... I'm not sure if this would help to prevent blowouts in the 2" candles, but it seems to me the answer would be to wick down. I know there is a size smaller than the 18 ply ... sadly, Peak's doesn't carry it.

alabaster carriers a 15 ply but in my 2 in pillars with 6228 wax it tunnels then and fizzies out. I would suggest telling your customers that after about 3 to 4 hours of burning they need to extinguish the candle and let the wax set up again to prevent a blowout. Caution them that after 5 hours the wax is so pliable and thin that it very well could cause a blowout and then their candle would be gone. By that time anyway their room will be completely filled with scent anyway.