? About Palm Wax

That's another one of those subjective questions:) Some people don't think any pillars have much of a throw but I do. Some people don't think palm has any throw at all but I do. I add the vybar 343 and generally use 1.5 oz fo per lb and I think my palm pillars throw as well as paraffin pillars.

Besides the difference in noses, there is a difference in brands of palm waxes and scents... The stuff I use has very good scent throw.:D

Sorry for all the ?'s I would like enough info to see if I want to sample & test palm

1. What palm wax do you use?
  2. What did you not like or find different?
  3. Is it like other waxes different brands are different?
  4. Are the different finishes (feather etc.) any different in one another? Are they the same wax, do they throw the same or is it just the finish that's different?
  5. Do palm pillers blow out easy or leave a thick shell. (I know this wax is hard & brittle and you can't hug it like paraffin) So in other words will pillers burn completly or do you have to wick down and leave a shell.

Thanks for your help Candle Man

1. What palm wax do you use? Candlewic's palm 2 and 3 ( 2 is crystalizing and 3 is feather )
  2. What did you not like or find different?
  3. Is it like other waxes different brands are different? I've only tried 2 brands but from reading the board here there does seem to be quite a bit of difference in brands.
  4. Are the different finishes (feather etc.) any different in one another? I think palm 3 is easier to work with , but I mix them Are they the same wax, do they throw the same or is it just the finish that's different? I think the 3 throws better than the 2 and the 2 seems a bit harder to work with, you have to baby it more for the finish etc.
  5. Do palm pillers blow out easy or leave a thick shell. (I know this wax is hard & brittle and you can't hug it like paraffin) So in other words will pillers burn completly or do you have to wick down and leave a shell.
  6. yes to both , it will blow out easily and it will leave a shell. I generally walk a fine line with wicking. You don't want to leave too large a shell but you dont want any blowouts ! Wicking this wax can be a real challenge.

I have never made palm wax candles but i do know this: the most strongly smelling candles (specifically, hot throw) I have EVER burned were some palm wax candles I purchased at a local drug store...just one votive filled my entire apartment. I was absolutely amazed!! I have no clue as to the name of the company or the scents they used but it was definitely palm wax...and i DON'T think it was a "blend" of any kind.