? about wicking 1/2pint ball jars

Okay I have half pint ball jars that I purchased to try to add some country to my line of candles. I am using 415 soy wax, haven't decided on color or scent yet, but was wondering what any of you thought would be a good wick starting point. I have HTP wicks and the Premier 700 sampler pack of wicks I am able to use...any suggestions. I am just stumped :confused:

TIA for any suggestions you might have...it is very well appreciated.

Heather

ETA: Nevermind I kinda feel a little retarded after I thought about this...half pint=8 ounces duh Though any suggestions would still be appreciated

To start, I would try double HTP73 or HTP83 for those jars. When trying new wicks in a new jar, I always pour it wickless poke holes and pop the wicks in after it sets up. That way if it isn't burning right, you can pop in new wicks right away. After a few burns if I like how it is burning, I melt it back down and permanently secure the wicks down and pour the wax back in the jar to set up again. :D

Thank you so much... I will try that. This is a new avenue for me. I have the fancier jars that I have been testing and testing. One of my friends asked for these half pint jars and I sure don't want to mess them up or make em so hot that they shatter...Never want to make a bomb in a jar.

Again I want to thank you for taking the time to answer my question..eventhough once I got out of my blonde moment I really could of figured something out, but I never would of thought of using 2 wicks in that small of a jar. You experienced chandlers are an asset to this board. Oh and BTW I am blonde...so I am allowed to have blonde moments...LOL

Heather

I'm using 2 CD5 in this jar. They are working really well. I don't use the same wax as you but at least this may help with a starting point if you can't get the HTPs or the Premiers to work.

Then IMO, you really shouldn't need to dw these jars. I started off with these jars but don't remember what wicks I found worked since that was about 2 1/2 years ago. I used the same wax you use but sold under a different name. Another thing to remember about dw'ing - the more wicks you use, the faster your jar candle will burn. Keep testing and you will get it all figured out. Good luck.

Thank you all I have gotten some good advice here and will take it to heart and to the test phase. I have 12 jars so I think I will try one with dw and one with single wick and go from there. Once I get this figured out I will have to post a picture since you all have been so nice.