Monoi Heaven!

Brenda

Brenda, Looks good! If it cotains 50% or more monoi you can use the Monoi seal on your product ( this is for an oil product)

Thanks, Gene! It does contain the necessary percentage of monoi, so I've replaced my logo with the Monoi seal since my info is on the label on the back anyway. Plus I've expressed the volume in millileters (actual measurement of liquid within). Thanks for the heads up!

Thanks for your kind remarks everyone! :)

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who's Lynn, and where the heck can I get this Monoi from her........

What kind of expense are we talking about here.....you're making it sound like it's lined in gold........so now I have to have some!

YOU MONOI BRAINWASHERS!

This is the description from FNLW:

Monoi de Tahiti is a truly beautiful exotic oil from Polynesia. The word Monoi means scented oil. It is created by soaking/macerating Tiare petals in refined coconut oil for 15 days. True Monoi de Tahiti carries an “Appellation of Origin” guarantee and is produced under very controlled manufacturing methods to ensure the highest quality oil. Monoi de Tahiti has been shown to penetrate and hydrate the skin rapidly and to reduce trans-epidermal water loss. Use this oil in creams, lotions, soaps and other recipes but first be sure to enjoy it straight from the bottle.

INCI Nomenclature: Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil (and) Gardenia Tahitensis

Extraction Method: Cold Pressed, Maceration

Shelf Life: 1 – 2 Years

NAOH SAP Value: .178 (converted to ounces)

KOH SAP Value: .252 (converted to ounces)

http://www.olivebranchsoap.com/baseoils.htm :wink2:

This is where you can buy it from Lynn at OBS:

I'm lost about what you mean with the label and using Monoi's name? :confused:

And, it looks great by the way, very classy.

There are specific requirement for using the Monoi seal (certificate de Appeliton (sp) )

If you follow the guideline and use the minimum percentage for a specific product you are allowed to use the seal on the product. Oil based products require 50%, soap 30%, etc

Monoi oil itself has to be 90%. hence the difference noted from different suppliers

Don't want to flog a flagging topic but my new bottles arrived from New Directions Aromatics and I just had to post a pic of the glass bottle that the Monoi is destined for! :) Here she is...can you tell I'm excited?

monoi_in_glass.jpg

Check out the little purse-size atomizer that's refillable. There's a glass vial on the inside of the frosted plastic case that the atomizer screws into....

I plan on selling this as a set and will include a pipette so the user can refill their 1/6 oz. atomizer....

I may be in the market for more monoi. I took some over to my sister today and she LOVED the oil. Kept sniffing and sniffing. :grin2: Once she uses it on her dry skin she will be a gonner!

Thanks for looking! :wave:

Your packaging is awesome. For me I prefer using it in a roller bottle instead of a spray bottle. I just want all of it LOL and I think when you spray anything you lose some to the air. By rolling it on different part of my body (face, arms legs etc ;) and rubbing it in you get it all. At $13.50 a lb. I dont want anything to get away :P .

But it's a matter of preference. I'm gonna try some in lotion bars this weekend

Thanks for your comments on the packaging! :) I printed out a crystal clear label today and slapped one on. Here's a pic of it. It would look better (I think) if the label were frosted:

monoi_clear_label.jpg

I'm leaning toward the clear label even though it's not frosted. What do you all think? Pink or clear?

Here's the little pump 30 ml dispenser. I'd love to have matt silver tops, but don't have any yet. The label wraps on the two side with teeny tiny ingredients, the monoi seal, and my contact information:

monoi_neat_pic.jpg

I'm really excited about this oil. I hope it sells since I'd really love to have an excuse to keep buying it! :drool: Roller bottles would be another awesome choice for packaging...You're right...some does get away! And that is truly a sad thing.

Jennster - Why don't you buy a pound of it in the CO-OP that's running now? You won't be disappointed! Then you could make yourself sprays to last all summer! :yay: It would be much less expensive.

Brenda, those look awesome! Love it. For anyone that hasn't tried Monoi you need to get at least a lb from Gene's co-op. The stuff feels decadent on your skin. I'm not a floral person so I have to add VCO to tone the smell down a bit but if you like the smell of gardenias then you will really like this.

I definitely consider it a luxury oil and only share with those that I really really like:p a lot!

I'm not a floral person so I have to add VCO to tone the smell down a bit but if you like the smell of gardenias then you will really like this.

I'm not a floral person either so I'm not totally in love with the scent. I like the idea of toning it down though - what is VCO, and how much are you using? Never mind, figured it out. But how much are you using?

BTW, I vote for the clear label. Love it!