Monoi Heaven!

Brenda

The 5 lbs of Monoi de Tahiti I ordered from Lynn at Olive Branch Soap arrived today. Having no eperience with it, I thought, "Great! It's here."

Then.....I uncapped one of the bottles and scraped a tiny amount off the surface of the solid oil and put it on my wrist. WOW! It is awesome! The amount of scent in it makes my head spin.

The main problem I forsee is my basic "hoarding instinct" that is bound to be very strong with this oil.

:laugh2:

I know there have to be others here with the same affliction! Just had to share my reaction to this awesome stuff! Now I have to figure out best uses for it....perhaps....or maybe not.....:o

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hehehe....I knew there had to be others! :yes:

:bliss: I've put a little dab here and a little dab there. I cannot imagine making soap with it. If one did, I wonder what it would be like?

Anyone know? I've promised to share some with a co-worker who has difficulty with her color-treated hair. She is awaiting it with great anticipation, and I'm anxious to see how it works for her. Of course, she may have to take it from me by force now that I've smelled it, touched it, rubbed some on my skin, and otherwise bonded with it!

:laugh2:

I have 1 lb of it that I am hoarding as well. :D I am not putting it in soap, but am going to put it in some body butter and lotion and a little spray, just for me. Mine, mine, mine, it's all mine. LOL! :D

I LUV it too, I'm working on a few other products then I'm going to have a Monoi Category alone on my site. I've got it in butter, whipped shower butter, a spray, and I think I'll sell it neat (am I using this term correctly :tiptoe:). Once I get my "perfect soap recipe I want to add a bit after trace for a Monoi bar and I'm going to try it as a perfume oil if I can find the right combo that it doesn't solidify.

mommyof1 how exactly are you using it in your hair? Straight nothing else added? in a spray bottle? Put it on for an hour before washing hair or like a leave in conditioner?

Can someone tell me what the ph of Monoi is.

Also, for those that use it in your hair. Can you please tell me what kind of hair you have. Mine is fine and straight. Easily damaged. I'd hate to put a product on my hair that wouldn't be good for it.

Now Brenda, 5 lbs. is just too much for one person to realistically use up in time. Really now. Send excess Monoi to: AJ, 124 Main St., ... :laugh2:

Whadda ya mean, TOO MUCH? Can there be too much? I think not! :bliss:

I participated in Lynn's pre-buy, but here is the link for regular purchase:

http://www.olivebranchsoap.com/baseoils.htm

I swear it's worth every penny! I mixed some with FCO and macadamia oil for a luxury body spray (added a touch of cyclo too, though it probably was not necessary) and it's wonderful. Even mixed the fragrance shines through.

mommyof1 how exactly are you using it in your hair? Straight nothing else added? in a spray bottle? Put it on for an hour before washing hair or like a leave in conditioner?

After I wash my hair I apply a tiny (and I do mean TINY or else you'll have a greasy mess!) amount to my wet hair then blow dry it as usual. Have you ever used BioSilk, or Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Serum, or Infusium 23? They are smoothing/anti-frizz/shine enhancing conditioners. I use the Monoi exactly like these products would be used. Only I use much less of the Monoi and it works so much better than anything else I have tried. It leaves my hair soft & shiny and makes it very easy to style. Plus it smells great, lol.

Can someone tell me what the ph of Monoi is.

Also, for those that use it in your hair. Can you please tell me what kind of hair you have. Mine is fine and straight. Easily damaged. I'd hate to put a product on my hair that wouldn't be good for it.

Carrie, I have very fine and straight hair that is prone to splitting. The Monoi has been very healing for it. I instantly saw a difference. I have read where people use it as a "hot oil" type of treatment but have not tried that yet myself. I may be wrong (someone please correct me if I am) but isn't Monoi basically coconut oil with the Tiare flower extract? I have always been told that coconut oil was very good for the hair...but again, I could be mis-informed.

Gee and I thought I was the only one hoarding. :laugh2:

I have roll on bottles of monoi (neat) in my office in my bedroom in the bathroom everywhere. Because of the weather here, it stays in liquid form and I roll it all over my face, neck behind ears wrists geez I could go on forever. :D

I'm going to try it in my lotion bar and hope I don't put too much in.

I promised to share a bit with a good friend but that's all I'm letting out of my sight for now. :yay:

I got in on Lynn's manoi buy as well. I have learned a valuable lesson about this particular oil. I ordered manoi from two other well known and respected suppliers. I am here to tell you that there is a huge difference in the oil I received from Lynn.

Lynn's oil rocks!:rockon: Buyer beware on all things but especially manoi.