Wax embeds at a decent price?

donna4909

Both times I ordered from Kandie's, I had nothing but problems...first time I ordered, she said it would take 4 days to get and I got them two weeks later and the second time, I never received anything and it was a huge hassle to get a refund. This is actually the only candle supply website I have ever had problems with and its too bad because I like her embeds and would give her a lot of business but not the way she treated me to get a refund for something that I never received.

I looked on the web site you are talking about to see what she had and when I went to checkout it said that I would be charged actual shipping when it was totaled but for now I would be charged just the price to pay it. My website calculates shipping when you checkout and I wouldn't have it any toehr way. If shipping can't be calculated when I checkout, I just won't buy. I know some people want to charge exact shipping rates but I can't take the chance of my cc being charged way more than I could pay.

i make my own and they are a pita, but it allows me to be cuurent with what is being ordered. i was always bad at deciding what i would need for the next round of orders.

i can see why sites charge what they do...the scenting, pouring and cleaning take time.....especially the cleaning.\

jmo,

cheryl

• 3 weeks later...

Like with anything - you get what you pay for --

Martha does a fantastic job

http://www.candlekitchen.com/waxembeds_fruitsveggies.htm

I just made some cherry gel candle with ( if there is such a thing) cheap embeds from a supplier and some with the embeds from the Candle Kitchen.

They just don't compare - I will try to take a pic and add it later.

I make and sell embeds too and I can tell ya, they do take a bunch of time to make. There are the molds, the special waxes, the scents, the pouring time and the cleaning and trimmng. That is why they are expensive. Some are a total pain, like blueberries and any really little items, but at the same time they are fun too. It is fun to try to see how realistic you can make them look and smell. I would have to say that the time put into them is why they cost so much.

Soapymomma

I make and sell embeds too and I can tell ya, they do take a bunch of time to make. There are the molds, the special waxes, the scents, the pouring time and the cleaning and trimmng. That is why they are expensive. Some are a total pain, like blueberries and any really little items, but at the same time they are fun too. It is fun to try to see how realistic you can make them look and smell. I would have to say that the time put into them is why they cost so much.

Soapymomma

I couldn't have said it better myself. But I love what I do!

• 2 weeks later...

Here is a pic of the cherry gel candles -

the pic on the left are the embeds from The Candle Kitchen

the pic on the right are from a different supplier. You can

see the difference of quality. And no the one on the right

was not poured at a higher temp to get the lighter effect.

dsc081207cn.jpg

• 1 month later...

I ordered from Kandies several times & was always pleased with her embeds. The last couple of times, I had to email to ask when I would be getting my order. This last time will be my last! The order is incomplete, 3 wks. late, weird excuses. I also ordered before she changed her website listing everything as unscented but wasn't told that they wouldn't be. What a disappointment. Poor quality. Tropical Breeze mentioned here has really nice embeds and fast shipment.

I have bought embeds several times now from www.gelewood.com and have not been disappointed! She frequently runs excellent sales (bogo, 20% off, etc) - her prices are great and the quality is outstanding! Love her fruits - colors are very good, they do not bleed or melt and her pie crusts, etc are very good. Shipping is quick, she packages very well - have never had a broken piece, and she is great at communicating!

All in all (ya think??;) ) I think her stuff is great with great pricing!

Debbie

Went to the gelewood site. You're right--her prices are great. However, nothing had much description about whether or not the embeds were scented. Also, many of her pics didn't come through for me.

Went to the gelewood site. You're right--her prices are great. However, nothing had much description about whether or not the embeds were scented. Also, many of her pics didn't come through for me.

You are correct - her site seems to load very very slowly for me....does take forever but.....I find it worth it :D

I emailed her about the pics and descriptions. She got back to me right away; said she is working on those problems & hopes to be completed soon. And yes, her embeds are all scented unless noted otherwise. Looks very promising to me. Thanks, smart tart!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Both times I ordered from Kandie's, I had nothing but problems...first time I ordered, she said it would take 4 days to get and I got them two weeks later and the second time, I never received anything and it was a huge hassle to get a refund. This is actually the only candle supply website I have ever had problems with and its too bad because I like her embeds and would give her a lot of business but not the way she treated me to get a refund for something that I never received.

I had problems too...only ordered once.

I ordered her pretty butterflies to top wedding cake candles....took over 3 weeks to get to me...yet told me the day I ordeded they were being shipped within 2 days...I contacted her after a week for a tracking number...never got it...so I started emailing almost everyday until I called her....said it must have got lost in the mail...would make more and ship them....then one week later still nothing...finally after the third week I got them and then of all things they were shipped in a envelope....needless to say...out of a 1pound order...only about 3 made it in one piece. She did give me a refund though.

I make my own too....most of the fruits...unless I get REALLY behind and I order from Wendy at

http://www.geltyme.com/index.htm her embeds smell WONDERFUL!