Today's Learnings

Tried one of the Big Lots mini casserole dishes for the 1st time. Messed up the wick placement and severely underwicked it. Thought I should divide the length of the container into 3rds and place the 2 wicks accordingly. Used two 44-24-18 zincs. As you can see from this picture after 4 hours nothing close to a FMP and very weak flame.

post-195-139458377179_thumb.jpg

Fortunately, I followed the advise given on this board. I used a skewer to make wick holes so I could just pull those stinkers out and try again. This time I divided the length of the container in half. Then I placed the wicks in the center of each half. Used Low Smoke 25 zincs for this test. Picture is after 1 hr. Better flame and MP. After 2 hrs I had a FMP. Hot throw is good.

FYI for other wick newbies who are wonder where to start with a new container.

post-195-13945837718_thumb.jpg

Fortunately, I followed the advise given on this board. I used a skewer to make wick holes so I could just pull those stinkers out and try again. This time I divided the length of the container in half. Then I placed the wicks in the center of each half. Used Low Smoke 25 zincs for this test. Picture is after 1 hr. Better flame and MP. After 2 hrs I had a FMP. Hot throw is good.

FYI for other wick newbies who are wonder where to start with a new container.

Cute container, great job!