Which wax for electric candles

Smaller than a regular hurricane. You make them in a silicone mold and insert a lightbulb assembly up inside of it. They ususally are grubby looking, but can also be smooth sided. I have tried the 1343 with microcrystalline, but would like to try a good votive wax that will hold a lot of FO.

If you're going to use a votive wax, try one of the higher MP ones, like astorlite V. Others may melt if the user puts too large a bulb in it. With the votive waxes though, you'll lose the translucence. HTH

I am using 5 watt bulbs for mine. I might get a slab of the 4761 to try. Thanks for the info TeriM, I wish I had thought about that before I got my last order from them, last week. Maybe next time I have to order I will try it.

I use the hurricane wax. I was told, not sure if it is true or not, but it was safter. I haven't had one melt or mess up yet... will post a pic of the xmas ones I did when I get a new camera. :D

I use the hurricane wax. I was told, not sure if it is true or not, but it was safter. I haven't had one melt or mess up yet... will post a pic of the xmas ones I did when I get a new camera. :D

That's what my thinking is Rob. I can't wait to see a picture. I hope you get a camera...SOON!

That's what my thinking is Rob. I can't wait to see a picture. I hope you get a camera...SOON!

Lol the first 10000 pics will be of the pool parties and those I can't post here. But I will post one of the xmas ones just for you. ;)

After lots of testing last year on these electric candles, I settled on hurricane wax with clear crystals added to help with the translucency. The lower mp of pillar/votive wax always had the tendency to soften and melt around the bulb. Since I sell these candles my main concern was the customer and wanted a wax that would stand up to the challenge. The hurricane wax passed the test for me. Also, I can use 6% fo with this wax so the scent throw stood the test also. BTW, these candles sell very well for me at the craft shows. So many people can't burn candles at work but they can use these.

Thanks for the wax suggestion! Could you tell me which hurricane wax worked best for you and a little bit more about the clear crystals? I have never heard of adding the crystals before. Also, could you tell me how much you sell them for? Thanks for your help! :)

I have been thinking about trying IGI-4761, as I can get that locally. Anyone have any opinions on this wax?

I have used this for the electric grubby hurricane mold and it holds up really well being that the MP is 163.

I got hooked to this wax being that its for votives and love the way it looks.