Amy's (Darwin's) OMH Bath Fizzies

Darwin

I posted this a long time ago on the old board; it is lost and burried so I thought I would post it here. I will be making a new batch of these soon. Enjoy and, if you try this recipe, please post your results, and what you think of these. This is my own special concoction. :grin2:

OMH Bath Fizzies

Dry Ingredients:

1 cup baking soda

1/2 cup citric acid

1/4 cup corn starch

1/2 cup collodial oatmeal

1/4 cup dry milk (or dry goatsmilk)

Wet Ingredients:

3 tbsp sweet almond oil

3/4 tbsp water

2 tsp OMH fo

1/4 tbsp witch hazel

1/4 tbsp borax

Sieve dry ingredients until a smooth blend is achieved. Combine wet ingredients with the borax. Slowly drizzle onto dry ingredients. Mix wet and dry ingredients with wooden spoon or hands. Pack tightly into molds and slide out onto wax paper. Let dry overnight. You can spritz with witch hazel to make them feel more smooth on the surface.

The ones in the pic are from a double batch.

ohmbathfizzz.jpg

I make mine somewhat similiar, except I use some epsom salts in there, and I use the same amount of oatmeal as milk. People LOVE them!! I think they're sooo soothing! Much more so than regular bath bombs. They don't seem to fizz as much, but they definitely leave your skin feeling soooo much nicer! I hope you all try this recipe, because it's awesome! :D

Never tried B&B but I've accumulating all the oils, salts & butters. I'm sure this is a stupid question but what is collodial oatmeal & borax? Can you buy these at the store?

Thanks

You can buy borax at the store in the laundry section. You can substitute some kind of baby oatmeal for collodial oatmeal - I have heard of using this oatmeal before but I have never used it. Someone who has used it before may have more specifics.

Edit to add: You can also use a coffee grinder to grind real oatmeal, and use that. Also here is a link to buy collodial oatmeal online --

http://www.wholesalesuppliesplus.com/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=3643

Hi!

I tried your recipie, thanks!! But I did some changes of my own - I didn't use witch hazel or borax as I simply didn't have any. And I used sojamilk powder. And a micture of sweet almond oil, castor oil and grape seed oil. :)

They turned out great - hardened well, felt good and didn't leave the bathtube greasy. I am especially happy because they were my first bathbombs :D

I try to post a picture also although it is not the best one.

Thanks again!

post-1724-139458397669_thumb.jpg

Heh, it is a bit tricky... Fill both halves and put some extra on top of both, squeeze together very tightly, wipe off what remains on the outside, then carefully remove one half and then the other. I guess the trick is that the bomb material cannot be too dry nor too wet:( And I also discovered that it helps to spritz the material with water and wash the molds a few times inbetween bombmolding. The first three or four came out very easily with no problems and then it just stopped working - they didn't come out that easily and the halves did not stay together. I was clueless:undecided Then I spritzed some water on - guess it got too dry. And I also washed the molds and when they were "fresh" again the bombs popped out easily again. I is not too logical when you think of it, but it worked:) Well the sprizing part is logical but the mold washing.....

• 3 weeks later...