? about Just Scent FOs

Hi all!

After reading so many great reviews on Just Scent oils, I ordered a bunch of samples. I made some tarts with 4794 and for the life of me, I can't get the oils to throw. They're very weak. I was adding 10%, I cut back and used 6%, no throw. It doesn't seem to matter which FO I use (the Chestnuts and brown sugar is stronger, but not super strong). I usually add my FOs at around 170-175 or so. Does anyone have any suggestions. I REALLY want to like these oils :) Thanks!

D

I REALLY wanted the JS scents to work for me, but no matter what I did, they just didn't. I still feel let down and it makes me feel inferior that they didn't. The good news is that I have many FO's from other companies that DO work great for me. Sorry for both of us!

Hmmm this suprises me, especially the Chestnuts and Brown Sugar, not only do I love that scent but I sold a ton of it for the holidays, also the Berry Hot Cakes, slamming throw in votives, tarts, containers. I use Astor V for votives,, 4360 for containers and a mix of the 2 for tarts.

Tess, do you cure tarts too? I always thought that there was no cure time for tarts. Hmmm....now I'm wondering.

The cure is not for the application, but for the wax and FO to have a chance to blend and settle. I cure everything. I have absolutely notice the difference between 12 hours after I package to 48 hours. I actually had a customer call me the other day and said they bought some candles from me (special order) and they could not smell them. I explained that I just made them and they had to cure. I saw her Sat. and asked about them and she was like "Oh YES the smell sooo much better".

I just want to point out again to everyone that "throw" is subjective. What is a good, strong throw for one person can easily be not so strong to another. We all have our own standard of what we consider to be a kickin' throw. JMHO

You got that right! When most people are asking about how large of a room a candle should fill, Im looking at how large of a HOUSE a candle should fill. ;) Bruce

Yup - strong throw to me means house filler. I'm ok with an fo that's a one-floor filler...but that's my minimum requirement. I've found a few JS fos that fit the bill...Cranberry Orange for one kicks butt! I just cp'd it as well and so far it's holding strong (I'm about 3 or so weeks into cure).

Jen

I'm like Bruce also........plus if I told a customer they had to wait 2 weeks or more to get a good throw out of one of my candles, I sure wouldn't have them long! :tongue2: There are too many FO's out there that will fill my house (2200 sq. ft. with all cathedral ceiling) after 24 hours from pour. I just don't see myself ever wasting money on one that needs a 2 week cure! ;)