Business Insurance

I am curious about business property and liability insurance. I am just starting my own business, and I think it would be a good idea to get some insurance, especially dealing with flammable things like candles, and I am also thinking of getting into B&B products.

To any business owners out there, is there a reasonable place to get this kind of insurance? I have no idea what kinds of rates there are, but if some of you who have insurance could give me a few pointers or reputable companies, that would really be great! Thanks a lot!

It may be near to impossible to find product liability insurance. All that anyone will insure me for in my store here in AR is personal liability and the building NO product or contents (inventory, office equipment etc. nothing) because of the dangers of making candles.

Pull out the yellow pages and start calling all the different companies that write for multiple companies. It can be tricky to find - some states are easier than others. Some companies will write for B&B but not candles, some are the other way around. I've seen ranges of prices from $250 - $1200 a year.

Just keep calling and asking...if they say no, ask for a referral number to someone else.

My homeowners insurance co. wouldn't insure me because I make the candles...if I just sold them, they would insure me. I asked why. She said because you use heat to make candles. I told her I used MORE heat to cook, which I don't do well, and they have insured me for years! Thankfully, she gave me the number of another agent who could write a policy for me.

Just keep calling and asking...if they say no, ask for a referral number to someone else.

My homeowners insurance co. wouldn't insure me because I make the candles...if I just sold them, they would insure me. I asked why. She said because you use heat to make candles. I told her I used MORE heat to cook, which I don't do well, and they have insured me for years! Thankfully, she gave me the number of another agent who could write a policy for me.

LOL! I haven't heard that explanation yet! You use HEAT so they won't insure you? Too funny.

I've been trying to find insurance in California and it's feeling darn near impossible.