Soap Size????

slow-burn

What is your ideal soap size? Not ounces so much as inches......I am seeing a variety of mold sizes out there, and I notice that the slab sizes are much smaller than the log sizes. I made a few log molds, and went off of the first one I got (Thanx Mystical :D ) but trying to figure out if there are bigger slab sizes out there and what is the ideal size?

I am thinking that I like the larger bars, the one that I have makes a bar that is almost 4 inches long, then I can go as high as I want depending on how many pound used. Got a slab and its bars are only like 2 x 3 or something like that. Is that a normal size? If so, that is a little small I am thinking! I like much bigger :laugh2: So anyone have any recommendations for someone wanting to tinker with making their own :D

I use soap boxes and you can't go 4 inches long with the boxes without going custom, I beleive. You may want to think about packaging and size.

I love my Kelsei mold but the bars are a little smaller than I like. I have a cabinet maker friend that I may ask to make me some of those slab molds with the cutter guides on them. I could have any size bar I want that way.

I like them 3.5" long. That size seems to flip over in my hand the best, so I can get sudz w/o a cloth or net.

I like the way you think. ;) At 3.5" you can roll that puppy at high speed without it slipping outta ya hands.

Thanx guys! I see that size isn't uniform so to speak. We each like our own size for specific reasons! I am with Robin on the 3.5 inches though, I think I like the longer bars much better than the thinner bars. Thinking that maybe a mold that is a cross between a slab and log mold may be ideal. Maybe get the best of both worlds......

Thanx guys! I see that size isn't uniform so to speak. We each like our own size for specific reasons! I am with Robin on the 3.5 inches though, I think I like the longer bars much better than the thinner bars. Thinking that maybe a mold that is a cross between a slab and log mold may be ideal. Maybe get the best of both worlds......

I'm getting ready to test drive a new mold and it is a cross between a slab/log mold....

bar measurements should be 3.5x2.25x(1) ()means it is up to your preference 'cause you cut it like a log!

if you would like specific measurements or my opinions on it after I unmold everything let me know!

[ATTACH]5260[/ATTACH]

post-481-139458396017_thumb.jpg

I'm getting ready to test drive a new mold and it is a cross between a slab/log mold....

bar measurements should be 3.5x2.25x(1) ()means it is up to your preference 'cause you cut it like a log!

if you would like specific measurements or my opinions on it after I unmold everything let me know!

[ATTACH]5260[/ATTACH]

Yes! Definately let me know how it goes......is that plexiglass as dividers? Was wondering how that would work for a mold.....wasn't sure how well it would hold up. Never thought about using it as dividers, was mostly thinking about using it for all of it. Does soap stick to it, or would you not have to line. Definately interested in your results though!!!

[ATTACH]5260[/ATTACH]

I would! I haven't made any soap yet, waiting for little one to start school (come on august). My dad likes little projects like this so I think it would be a good way to keep him from reorganizing the garage again and I'd be all ready for soaping. Also about the plexiglass, if it's possible to do a complete mold with it, I think it would be much lighter full of soap.

Sami