Can't get lotion to thicken--Bunny, I love you!

Ouch... You really need to get a scale that will measure .1 grams for lotion making. But we'll make due for tonight, as long as you PROMISE to get a better scale before you send these out to testers and to be tested.

The WSP just doesn't emulsify the same. I get mine from soapers choice, shutter has it in the co-op right now. MMS's stuff is awesome too. WSP's e wax has caused many a heartache in reformulating.

say it isn't so:embarasse

I just bought some from WSP (don't know why, it cost me a gazillion $ just to ship)... I had a bunch from To Die For from a while back, and now I'm low......

Donna.. If you formulate with WSP's and stay there, you won't have a problem.

Erika, you may have to reformulate some, but it shouldn't be too bad! Just make a small batch with your normal recipe to see how it works for you.

I didn't formulate the recipes myself, they were just a couple I found on the soapdish. I know one was the OOH lotion.

I really love that recipe!

Just passing on the experiences I've gained, and watched many others go through.

What next Erika?

cool you got it fixed. I was going to say that I have thickened lotions just by adding more stearic and less water before and just by changing small amounts, it made a big difference. Also, the other day I burnt the motor out on my stick blender and had to finish with a wisk. The wisk would NOT thicken it at all for some reason! I used a mixer for a few minutes and then just set the stuff in the fridge and then mixed again and it worked. It still seemed thin when I poured into bottles, but by the next day, it was as thick as a hand cream! Weird, huh. I wouldn't have thrown out the thin, milky batch though....I would have kept it for myself as a "spray lotion" or something-lol.:grin2:

Bunny....I don't know, but I think you might be a witch or something, because whatever you did was pure magic! oh my gosh, it isn't even all the way cool yet, but it is already starting to get thick! Thank you SOOOO much!

Katie

Freakin fantastic!!!

If it's too thick in the morning, drop your butters down and add to the water phase. If it's too "draggy" and doesn't rub in well, take away some stearic and add to water.

Now, go get that little scale! Not only will your preservative measurements be safe, you'll be able to use additives that have small usage rates!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

And SS to hear about your stick blender Crunchy!

Any one on that page weights to .1 grams, so it's really up to you. Have fun shopping!

Please keep in mind that these won't weigh out a lot, they are in no way a replacement for a soap or candle scale, as they aren't meant for heavy stuff. I'd recommend one that has a larger range, like 400 grams to .1 or 500 to .1 All depends on how much you want to spend.