Rustic Escentuals... poor service

donna4909

Ok, so I'm a little angry right now. I placed a $30 order for some embeds from Rustic Essentials. I ordered 16 bettas, 4 goldfish, 15 mini fish, and 20 plants, and some other things. Somehow in the warehouse, my order got mixed up, and I received miniature whales instead of the 4 goldfish.

So I called right away to notify them, and they said they'd fix the problem and get them right out. The lady on the phone apologized several times, and admitted it was her fault.

Then they just now called back to say they credited my card for the $3.85 instead, so they cannot send replacement goldfish. I told the lady on the phone that I didn't want a refund, that I wanted a goldfish, and these were special ordered for a friend of mine. Oh well, too bad I guess... This is the "store policy".

So now, in order to get the goldfish, I have to place another order and pay nearly $10 shipping for 4 little fish, just because of their screw up! I am not a happy camper right now... I do not want a $4 refund if it's going to cost me $14 to buy the fish again. They could have at least offered me a free shipping coupon or something. :mad:

I'm still waiting to hear from them about an order from 2 weeks ago. They sent me brown bears instead of black ones. Haven't heard a word I'm gonna keep bugging them tho. This is not the way to do business but unfortunately they have what I want so I can't be too bitchy!!

Have you tried calling? That's what I did.

Edit: Aww crap. Just finished going through my order. They sent me some funky bettas. The pack I opened last night was normal (like the ones on the left), but the other 12 bettas are hideous & tacky looking. Example:

different_bettas2.jpg

Those bettas were the whole reason I ordered from them. They're the only place that has the nice looking bettas, and I expected them to be as pictured on the site. But they only gave me 4 of the good ones. The rest are the cheap looking ones I could have gotten from any other embed site.

Damnit. This is really getting on my nerves. :angry2: Now I have to call em again...

I don't know if they're going to do anything about this or not. I told them the bettas were not like the ones pictured on the site, and the owner said she didn't understand what I meant, so I had to e-mail her the picture.

I wouldn't be so mad if I didn't have so much money tied up in this. I spent $100 in supplies to make these betta candles, and I don't even know if my buyers will want them now with the funky looking bettas in them.

She offered to refund the $11.55 for the funky looking bettas, but got somewhat snippy about it. I would have to ship them back, and that would cost $6 or $7 at least, so I might as well just keep them. It's not worth $5.

She keeps saying there are only very minor variations in the bettas, and that it's just the minor differences you get with handmade glass. I don't care what she says, this isn't a minor variation. Even the fin colors are different. (Notice the red fins on the blue and green bettas & and the blue fins on the red betta?) These are obviously two different types of embeds.

I asked if I could just exchange the funky ones for the ones that look nice, and she said:

If you'll send them back to me, I'll issue a credit to your charge card. I have nothing else to send you. You may want to try http://www.silkytyme.com They may be better able to satisfy your needs since I am unable to do so.

I just want what was pictured on the site, and what I ordered. Looks like I'm not going to get either. *sigh*

I think I will be taking my business elsewhere. I don't need to put up with crappy service. If you're ordering one thing & they don't have it they should not be substituting it with something else unless they ask you first. Maybe she is getting in over her head with buying another business.

I wonder if they are closing down their shop? It seems like they are just trying to sell their inventory off??

I got an e-mail with a link to their site where they explain that they are downsizing and will be concentrating mostly on fragrance oils and a few other items. They are taking bids on their vendor list and their wax chunk making equipment.

Donna4909: I wouldn't worry too much about the goldfish if I were you. I ordered some from them, made a couple of small gel (10 oz.) forever candles for myself, and could barely see the gold fish. They are pretty out of box, but clear see-through glass and don't show up well in a gel candle. I would never order any glass embed again that is not a darker color so that it will show up. I also placed an order that did not have the (2) FO samples in box I received...emailed them, rec'd phone call, (which I missed), with a long distance # for me to call back. By the time I paid for a long distance call, it cost me more than the (2) FO's not shipped. I don't know why they couldn't have just emailed me back to begin with. They did credit my card also.

• 4 months later...

I have always had really good customer service with them. However, it is my understanding that they are selling everything and only going to handle fo's. I definitely would NOT recommend buying any of their embeds. They are old, no fragrance, and discolored.

WOW.. Looks like she is selling multiple copies of the vendor listing, but the minimum bid is 6500.00. That sounds high priced to me, when she is selling it to multiple people. Maybe I am crazy. She will CONSIDER just selling to one person. Wonder what THAT would take. Whewwwwww.

I just won 11 of the ebay auctions they just had and added some more stuff to my order from the website. You can't beat their fast shipping! My stuff will be here by tomorrow, I'm sure.

I got several of the fo auctions on ebay over the weekend. I also ordered the dazzle dust (looks like sugar) and some glass embeds from the website. They combined the shipping for me. I paid on Sunday night and got my order today. I think everyone in business has an occasional screw up. I love their products. Just wish they still carried waxes!!:D

I got several of the fo auctions on ebay over the weekend. I also ordered the dazzle dust (looks like sugar) and some glass embeds from the website. They combined the shipping for me. I paid on Sunday night and got my order today. I think everyone in business has an occasional screw up. I love their products. Just wish they still carried waxes!!:D

That was you who kept outbidding me wasn't it? :laugh2: