Sugar Crystals?

Kaybee23

Okay, I have made my second batch of soap using sugar in the lye water. The first batch I had little specks on my soap that looked like sugar crystals. Thinking maybe my sugar hadn't disolved well, I warmed my water for todays batch and disolved the sugar in it, cooled it back down, then added my lye, no problems. Now during gel, I get the same looking specks on my soap appeared yet again. They aren't hard, so now I am thinking it isn't the sugar, but it looks like my soaps were lightly sprinkled with sugar. Anyone have any idea what it could be? Could it be the graininess of the unrefined shea? Thanks for any help. :D

It was sweating, would that have caused the little bumps on the top while it was gelling and cooling down? They are still there this morning. If it does start sweating during the CPOP process, should I be taking it out of the oven? The oven was already turned off at this point. Thanks. :D