test burning length

real quick ? - decided to take all your advice (thank you all) and try a new container while the others are in test burning (and failing I think for the most part). Anywho, the new jars (probably not much easier,,, dang why did I go with square jars) is about 2 1/4 in sqaure (4oz Emma jar). ? is how long to burn at a time for testing - my guess 2 or 2 1/2 hours per time. Also I tried my stab at tealights ---- that seems to be a whole nother breed :confused: . When I burn tealights in general (store bought) I burn them from light to end -- letting them put themselves out when done. Is that ok to do for testing my homeade tealights.

THANK YOU ALL SOOOOO MUCH--- without your input and help I would be lost .... FYI I do do searches on this site before asking.

When I test burn containers I like to run the gammet. Sometimes I burn just till I get a full melt pool. Sometimes longer and then I definetely power burn....sometimes up to 4 hours. Good to make sure container can take it. We have no guaratees how people burn their candles so I like to make sure at power burning that my wick is not totally out of control. I haven't cracked a jar yet!! I'm with ya on the tealights. Just testing mine now but I will forsure let it burn continuosly.

Wow, your post made me anxious. You need to slow down a little bit, and just test one product at a time. If your testing containers test them, don't go onto tealights yet. I know when I first started I couldn't wait to try everything, well I'm still testing containers but have dabbled in a few other areas to it just takes a little time.

Mindy :wink2:

Thank you both :) . Dont get nervous -- I was just bored with the 1st jars I started with... I've got 24 in test burning phase and there not going real well -- some are good but to frequent of wick cutting for what I would want to sell. SOooo I thought while I have nothing to make more (while there test burning) I would start to see if I have any better luck with just wax burning (no scent or color). My supplier had told me which sizes of wicks to try for no FO, no color in the tealights and Emma jars. She only gave me wick start guesses with color and FO for the 8oz cracker jars. I just want to see if its the color/FO I cant get right now or the whole process in general. Thanks again for input. :)

I don't make tealights....but I think you kinda answered your own question :D If you burn them straight thru then the ones you make should be burned from beginning to end to make sure there safe. Im with you on gettin bored with containers. I have 4 different jars & it helps to just set one aside & work on another. Good luck w/ all your testing :grin2: