LARGE hurricane

Donita

Some of you might remember the experiment I did for Luke. It was a green cane like this but done with two molds. This one was poured just like a regular hurricane. It took 2 slabs of wax. (20 lbs)... It is 10 1/2" across and a little over 7" tall. It weighs 7 lbs. It has a flower design on the back also so it can be used as a centerpiece. Sand in the bottom with 5 tea lights. It is going down to our store tomorrow. I have the green one on my dinning room table. Looks very pretty at night. I think one would look good with roses and buds. This is as large as I plan to go.....for now anyway....lol.... Donita

post-248-13945839484_thumb.jpg

the pisture is large like your candle :D

beautiful work Donita, well last week I see in a store some x-large huricane (about 40-50 lb) candles, and I was try to think how empty the wax from inside :undecided.

I can design some ideas donita if you want, but I can't make so big candles I don't have big molds or big pots :tongue2:

You've lost it for sure girl. Tell ya what, "I've got a big old galvanized bath tub here, do you want me to ship it down so you can use it for a mold for yer next one?" I think it's 3 feet in diameter, should be perfect. All kidding aside, it's a beauty as always.

Woman is there an end to your "Artistic" ability? Everytime I see a pic of something that you've done, my mouth just drops open and I say,,,,,,"Wow, how beautiful".

I was wondering the other day, have you ever done a hurricane (clear/white) and embedded colored chunks in the bottom or throughout it? I wondered how that would look with the flowers. Maybe embed green chunks in the bottom of the hurricane and bring up from that with flowers? Just throwing off ideas from your works of art, though my imagination nor artistic ability is ZIPPO compared to yours.

Can't get enough of your great work Donita,,,,,,,,,you are amazing!!!!!!! Portia

Thanks everyone for your nice compliments. And Portia.....hmmmmm thinking about those green chunks lol.....I have used sand in the bottom for a underwater seashell and sea grass garden. Ok Tucker....bring it on.....I am always up for the challenge. Sharyl....that is why I work out with weights....I may be old, but I am strong. Being that the "mold" I used was a huge crock pot, it has handles on it. I had no problem lifting the 20 lbs from the counter down to the floor into the water bath. Ovedipping it was the challenge. Even at 7 pounds when finished...it was a little bulky to say the least. They make all sizes of crock pots with handles if anyone is interested in making larger hurricanes. It was easier doing the two part way. I only had to heat up 6 pounds of wax and then another one for pouring the bottom. It was a fun project....maybe not necessary....but I HAD to do it. Haven't heard from Luke recently......I wonder if he got encased in one of his 200 lb candle rockets.....lol.....Donita

No wonder you can stay so slim and fit. I would, too, if I were making 7 lb. hurricanes! As usual, this one is a beautiful work of art! I cannot wait to receive the one I ordered from you!