ISO Spray lotion recipes

crunchy31

You're absolutely correct. Adding water yo your base will make it a prime candiate for growing mold. I've tried a few times to make it from scratch, and it seperates when it's about 6 months old or endures extreme conditions. Does anyone sell a base made just for this?

Thanks. I wish I could make it myself. I really don't want to take a chance on it molding though. :undecided Guess I'll have to go with a base. Brambleberry and WSP have bases for this. Would it work if I just added more water to my lotion recipe when making lotion from scratch- like during the phase when the water is added? I don't want to ruin a whole batch if not, so I was hoping someone might have experience with this? Would it change the amount of preservative that would be necessary?

Here is one I made last summer that I really liked:

62% distilled water

4% glycerin

21% aloe vera juice

2% silk protein ( I used liprosilk)

1% infused calendula

3% apricot kernal oil

3% macadamia nut oil

2% ewas

1% mango butter

1% preservative

1% fo/eo

Ann

Here is one I made last summer that I really liked:

62% distilled water

4% glycerin

21% aloe vera juice

2% silk protein ( I used liprosilk)

1% infused calendula

3% apricot kernal oil

3% macadamia nut oil

2% ewas

1% mango butter

1% preservative

1% fo/eo

Ann

I have a variation of this recipe and it's great to use after swimming or being the sun. The silk protein I have is liquid. I'm wanting to try this with my Monoi to see how it feels.

The liprosilk that I use is a liquid and is used to create a silky after feel. I don't think cornstarch would be a good substitution, but you could always give it a try. I ordered liprosilk from the Herbarie.(I think). I also use the light lotion spray after being in the sun. It is also perfect for summer use.

Ann