Identifying J-50 vs. J-300

I'm comparing some popular container blends side by side and wondering if the labeling on my J-50 and J-300 samples might be reversed (or maybe I'm just having a problem with a dirty container). The wax labeled J-50 seems to have really poor glass adhesion while the one labeled J-300 is adhering great. I thought it was supposed to be the other way around.

Maybe someone familiar with the waxes can tell me which of these is which:

BLEND 1 - Exceptionally milky opaque and off-white. Slab has a stiff consistency when squeezed, but collapses into greasy flakes with enough pressure.

BLEND 2 - Not quite as opaque and considerably truer white in color. Slab has a more taffy consistency and easily squishes when squeezed.

Interestingly it's blend 1 that sticks tight, even in the fridge. The other, which several people have identified as J-50, is the worst I've seen as far as glass adhesion goes. Lot variations I guess. I thought J-300 was supposed to a release wax.

J-50 is about the same as J223 when it comes to adhesion. For some reason the climate has alot to do with it. Humidity really enhances my wet spots.

Blend 1: J300

Blend 2: J50

My last several cases of J300 haven't performed up to par...instead of pulling away, there have been major wet spots and numerous other problems. I've tried 2 different suppliers so they definitely screwed it up before deciding to discontinue it. It is a more opaque wax. You can also tell by the smell of hot J300...definite soy smell so that might be a clue for you, too.

Blend 1: J300

Blend 2: J50

My last several cases of J300 haven't performed up to par...instead of pulling away, there have been major wet spots and numerous other problems. I've tried 2 different suppliers so they definitely screwed it up before deciding to discontinue it. It is a more opaque wax. You can also tell by the smell of hot J300...definite soy smell so that might be a clue for you, too.

Thanks. I'm sure which is which at this point, but I do seem to have a screwy sample of J50. I've been hearing complaints about quality control problems with that one.

The J300 pours nice and flat. It adheres well to the glass or, on some pours, may develop a few wet spots. Definitely doesn't release. Could be due to pouring it into a much smaller container than normal.

The J50 just doesn't stick and I'm not even talking about wet spots. If I baby it and cool as slow as humanly possible, it just might not spontaneously unstick. Without major babying, or after some time, it can come loose 1/3 of the way around the container. Torture testing it in the fridge with the other waxes is pointless. It will mostly release from the glass. Even J-223 passes that test most of the time.

Clearly my sample is not the way it's supposed to be.

I am finding the same issues with the last few cases of J300 :undecided In addition to the changes you stated I am also finding that it is throwing black soot when burning :(

Edited to add - hot throw has changed too!