Bug Soap?

CranberryGirl

Anything citronella would be good. I have a recipe in a book I will have to look up later and post for ya.

We honeymooned in Vermont (almost 7 years ago) and we stayed in a cabin with a pond nearby. Well, we couldn't get away from the black flies! We actually left a day early because we couldn't do anything outside because of the flies!!

Steph

A Garden Eastward carries a Bug Buster EO blend. It's citronella based, with other eo's - not my favorite scent, but I heard some people swear by it, so thought I'd give it a try. I remember something about people using it in CP, but I haven't done any research on it yet, even though I have a pound sitting in the basement!

lemongrass & sage can also add peppermint to this.

peppermint

the candlemaker's store has

citronella vanilla and citronella berry both smell a whole lot better the straight citronella

also i've seen a few places that carry pennyroyal which is very good for keeping bugs away.

I make a CP soap using 10% neem oil and the Garden Eastward's Bug Buster EOP blend. I also make a lotion bar and body spray with the same and they work great against the black flys we have here in May. The soap alone won't last all day, that's why I make the others!! :cool2: