Sugar scrub help fast Please

jenniejr

If it didn't emulsify with the ewax in there (which is weird??!) then the oils will probably eventually rise to the top again.

I've seen a lot of commercial scrubs that are this way-personally I don't like having to mix it each and every time I want to use it, and therfore prefer an emulsified scrub. I would think that using the ewax would have gotten you that?

Do you mind sharing your recipe and the steps you took in making it?

Here is what I used and did ......

70% Brown sugar (mix of brown & turbinado)

15% EV OO

8% Shea Butter

3% Ewax

4% Stearic Acid

preservative LiquaPar Optima

1/2 oz FO (cranberry)

1/2oz Cranberry Fruit Fiber

I heated the EV OO, Shea, Ewax and Stearic till melted. Then I added the Sugars & Fruit Fiber and stirred well. Then added the LiquaPar & FO and stirred more.

I left it alone for about 10 minutes and that is when I noticed the oil on top. Not alot ... but I still didn't like it being there. Mind you, everything was still very warm and I am sure this is why there was still liquid oil. Being my 1st scrub, I'm sure I was just nervous and a little too anxious to stop and realize that it only makes sense for very warm oils to still be liquidy! :tongue2: :embarasse

So, what does your scrub look like now? Did it get firm for ya? Silly, I didn't know that it was still warm when you posted this. ;)

I kept thinking and thinking "why wouldn't it be emulsified if she used a good amount of ewax?" It was driving me nuts. LOL

I'm assuming it looks like it should now huh?

So, what exactly is cranberry FIBER? Sounds interesting.

I did this recipe tonight (just 8 oz.) and used regular sugar and turbinado instead of the brown sugar, put a little yellow in it and scented it with the London Lemon Curd. It has cooled and boy does it look nice and smell yummy. It did emulsify for me, no oil left on top. I can't wait to try it out tomorrow in the shower. Thanks for sharing the recipe JJr. :D

Man it smells so good and the recipe set up beautiful, no tweeking necessary. Was very easy to do, easier than making mac & cheese, LOL!. I am gonna try it again with the brown sugar this time and scent it Oatmeal Raisin Cookie.

I would just like to add to this, I think with the Turb. sugar in it, it is more suited for feet and body, not so much face as it is a little rough.

I agree! I took some in the shower last night and it was awesome! :D

I am going to try it again with reg. sugar and see if that feels better on the face.:tongue2:

So, what exactly is cranberry FIBER? Sounds interesting.

Fruit Fiber: Cranberrystar.gif

fibcranberry.jpg Use our dried cranberry fruit fiber to add color to your natural soaps and scrubs. They can also be added to facial mixes for mild exfoliation. INCI Nomenclature:Vaccinum macrocarpon (Cranberry) FruitShelf Life:2 Years

Sorry Michi ..... wasn't ignoring you. ;)