Indonesian Teak (GL) / Photo Added

Grumpy Girl

I got the chance to soap Green Leaf's Indonesian Teak last week, and thought I'd play with some mica's while I was at it and try to simulate wood grain with a 4 color swirl. I got kinda close, it looks like tree branches/roots anyway. :laugh2:

I LOVE this scent and it behaved beautifully. No acceleration, no gremlins lurking about, and I had plenty of time to play, plenty. I hope all of GL's oils soap this well.

Oh, and mica's are my new favorite thing. :D

teak2.jpg

teak4.jpg

teak5.jpg

**Edit**

I thought I'd add a photo of the discoloration after some time. Excuse my rough edges, I haven't cleaned them up yet.

iteak.jpg

Those photos are too cool, I guess I wasn't too far off like I thought, eh?

Thank you for all the kind words. Mica won't leave you sparkly, although one of these days I'll have to tell you guys a story... LOL.

I just took a tiny piece of this to the kitchen sink and it is awesome with a nice rich bubbly lather and tons of musky scent. My base recipe is semi translucent anyway, and with the veining in the soap from the mica it looks like tiger eye when it's wet. I'm going to make some of this for one of the swaps, probably the two for one. I think the men would really enjoy the scent.

Those photos are too cool, I guess I wasn't too far off like I thought, eh?

Thank you for all the kind words. Mica won't leave you sparkly, although one of these days I'll have to tell you guys a story... LOL.

I just took a tiny piece of this to the kitchen sink and it is awesome with a nice rich bubbly lather and tons of musky scent. My base recipe is semi translucent anyway, and with the veining in the soap from the mica it looks like tiger eye when it's wet. I'm going to make some of this for one of the swaps, probably the two for one. I think the men would really enjoy the scent.

:laugh2: - I can hardly wait to hear this story. I want some too and some in the Fig Dolce I am about to bring in really soon. :drool: Let me know how to order some from you. I could probably M&P but I want some REAL stuffs! (Oops - not that M&P isn't real - I just want the "from scratch" type - better? :)

Thanks