Goat Milk ?

Tara

I did a search of adding goat's milk to make cp soap. The only thing I couldn't find is if I have goat's milk powder how do you know how much of the powder to put in the water and of course how much water. I know I am not making sense here LOL. :undecided The recipe I want to use calls for 4-6 oz of water (it's a small batch) so do I put x amount of gm powder in with x amount of water and stir real well then freeze into ice cubes then mix it with the lye? Sorry if I didn't ask this right I hope someone understands what I am trying to ask

:grin2:

The other way you can soap milk (any kind) is to either freeze it completely, or half freeze your measured amount. Part fill a sink with ice and water, and put the milk container into this. Then add the lye. As I live in a very hot climate, freezing the milk alone is not enough, and the milk will still burn, if I don't put in into an ice bath, no matter how slowly I add the lye.

Just my two cents worth.

Tracey

• 2 months later...
The easiest way that most people do it is, add 1 TB per pound of oils to the oils and stick blend in really well BEFORE you add your lye water.

Me, I do it the hard way.. at least most think that... I reconstitute the milk powder, freeze it into cubes and then add my lye to my milk cubes.

Okay so how would I reconstitute the milk powder to make the milk? How much powder to how much milk? I want to try it this way and then freeze it.

I like to hold back some of my gm and add it after trace. Sometimes I will use 100% with half added to the lye slowly while frozen and the other half added at trace. I also with just sub it completely out for my water adding it all to the lye. You can also use 1/2 water and 1/2 gm. I love gm soaps.