Scented...this is for you

Sheryl

I've been making regular pillars for a long time so it took me a while to get started with the new ideas. But once I finally began was just too much fun to stop! There are so many people to thank for their inspiration and generosity where their candle creations are concerned. A special thank you to Scented and Donita!

Sheryl NorCal

post-608-139458394735_thumb.jpg

post-608-139458394737_thumb.jpg

post-608-139458394741_thumb.jpg

post-608-139458394742_thumb.jpg

post-608-139458394744_thumb.jpg

Thanks tlc! I used 1343 at Donita's suggestion and it really does a nice job. Of course you may have to coax some of it off where it's in a thin layer over a shape but it's really not a big deal to do.

:D I'm having so much fun Donita! Once I got the bugs worked out it was a matter of order more wax or move on to another experiment...now watch...I'll run out of everything at the same time! I swear in 30 years candlemaking has never been such a blast!

Sheryl

Thanks tlc! I used 1343 at Donita's suggestion and it really does a nice job. Of course you may have to coax some of it off where it's in a thin layer over a shape but it's really not a big deal to do.

Sheryl

Ok I am freakin out! that is what I use and mine are never that clear....um ok! you use FO in the over pour?

Those are such fun projects - love 'em all, especially the citrus and the moon and stars. :D What fo (if any) did you use with the citrus? I'm having trouble finding a straight orange that doesn't smell like fuel when burning. Any suggestions? Mozzie

Wow, thanks everyone for the kind words! Now, for the questions...

tlc, mtngirl and Lori...I don't use any scent in my overpour but then, I was having allergies like crazy so I stopped scenting my candles. That is until this week when I got brave and used some scent. But, unless the scent was almost colorless I don't know if I'd use it in the overpour anyway. Chunk placement is also a big factor in the results. And, yes, I did use little cookie cutters for those shapes.

Thanks Sharyl...that's our grandaughter in the cane.

You know Mozzie, I didn't scent the citrus layer and, like you, was wracking my brain trying to figure out what I would offer in the way of a citrus scent. I know that many of those fragrances can smell like fuel. I did do a little research though and found out that Genwax has a pretty popular oil called Juicy Bits of Orange. I guess I should try it next time!

Sheryl