Who else makes tins?

I make 6 and 8 oz container candles in tins. I LOVE the tins and find they work really well in my area, plus they don't show wet spots! Tins also tend to catch up pretty easily on hang-up, if there is any, after a couple of burns. Another reason, there are no suppliers close to me and tins are lighter to ship, therefore costing less for shipping.

Occasionally, I get a request for a jar candle from friends, which I will do if asked.

Who else makes tins and why do you choose tins over glass?

I've been making tins because of some of the reasons you list. I HATE wetspots; I just can't learn to live with them. And tins don't show the wetspots of course. Plus, I like the look of tins. My deep, dark, secret? I don't like jars any larger than votive tumblers :grin2: .

I'm not a professional chandler, so I suppose my answer would be a little different if I were. But for now tins make me very, very happy.

I've been working with tins a lot lately. I use them myself as I am a business traveler and can't stand not having a candle around. :wink2: I've also been getting requests for them from my co-workers - I sold a few of them last week (my FIRST candle sales!!) :grin2: I've also found them easier to wick than jars, and no worry about wet spots is definitely a plus.

I love tins. I have problems w/ wick stickers not sticking sometimes, and it is very annoying, but no wet spots is nice. Cost is nicer too. They are a more modern look, if ya label 'em right. I do jars also. I was anti jar for the longest, apothecary's read as cheapie drugstore brands to me, and I dislike the country/prim look, wouldn't fly in my area. I went with simple straight sided w/ aluminum lids. They are pretty cool lookin, if I do say so myself, there's pics in the gallery somewhere's.

Hi all, I'm new and am now on my second test with the 4 oz tins from Peak. I figured tins would be good to start with a) no wet spots B) no color needed really c) that cute little line to tell you to stop pouring. Plus I haven't really seen them around here and I love labeling (weird yes I know) and I won't take away from the candle with the label. Next I'm onto these little 3 oz votives I found at target (no shipping 3 targets close by). I also agree I never really burn for more than a couple hours so why bother with a huge candle I'll never get to burn.

Sami

I have been playing around with 4oz tins also. I never liked glass containers because of the wet spots and I dont have the patience to try and get rid of them...LOL...I also like that these are not glass and they travel very well. I cant wait to test them this summer when we go to Disney World...:D