?? Potpourri?? To sell or not

homespundon

I am considering adding potpourri to my line of items. Does this sell well for any of you? I personally love having it around but is that enough reason to carry it?

Also, have any of you bought the blends from Stone Stew South? It looks great, to me. Were you impressed or should I look elsewhere? Please PM me with any negative comments I am not asking for them to be posted publicly, if there ever are any.

Thanks!

Blessings,

Don

I have not added potpourri to my line but am considering adding it for my fall shows. I purchased some potpourri from Stone Stew South for my personal use and I have to say, it is very nice! If you check the supplier announcements, she is always having a sale on a particular type. If there is a market for it, I think you could make some money on her potpourri (MUCH nicer than the cheap stuff you get at Wal-Mart!). JMO.

Don,

I've ordered from Stone Stew South, and am planning another order very soon! Her stuff is top notch and just plain beautiful. I never considered adding potpourri until I sampled hers and got such great reviews.

I still have some of her scented potpouri that I ordered in the fall and you can still smell it when you walk in the room. She also sells coffee and I've heard that it just can't be beat!!

Deb

We added Potpourri a couple of years ago, I have to say it really didnt do well here in Texas. However, the monthly show I do there is a vendor there that all she has is potpourri. I think that when a customer comes into your booth they look at your main product and maybe not. I know the potpourri I had was from Rachels Potpourri and was very nice. Another thing I think is how you package it. The one vendor that has it she has it out in Big Metal Buckets where it is out. We packaged ours, that may make a big difference.

Stone Stew is awesome....love her potpourri and it is so pretty and smells great!

Her coffee is also awesome - not sure how she came up with the combination of coffee and potpourri but I order some of each.....The Turtle Sundae is to die for......(now where is that drool emoticon??)

Her prices seem really good for the 'stuff' in the potpourri. I love the way it looks - she uses some nice ingredients....I don't know how it sells at craft shows, etc but I always see people with the big bins where you just get your own cupful (or whatever).....but imo I have never seen them as nice as what she offers.

Debbie

Thanks everybody for your replies. I have ordered 5 different varieties from Stone Stew and am looking forward to getting them.

I am overrun with coffees right now but will have to try that Turtle Sundae sometime. It sounds awesome.

Now, I just need to locate some small washtubs and 1 cup wooden scoops and my potpourri display is ready!

Blessings,

Don

Now, I just need to locate some small washtubs and 1 cup wooden scoops and my potpourri display is ready!

Blessings,

Don

Well you might try eBay for that one. We got our copper-plated baskets there, but need to line them and of course, find the scoops lol! Need something to go with the look.

And whadya order? whadya order?

I received my shipment from Stone Stew South today. OMG!! I don't know if this will be a big seller or not but it does not matter. This stuff is great!! The scents are awesome!! Linda sure knows what she is doing. I know the FedEx guy had to love the way his van smelled today.

Beautiful potpurri, great service and cool freebies---you better believe I will be a repeat customer.

Blessings,

Don