votives with uneven burn

Hi guys,

I am new to making votives and made some for the v-day swap. Some reviews I am getting back are saying that they are burning unevenly. What causes this? Is it something that I am doing wrong in the "design" or is it possibly the size/shape of the holder it is being burned in? The ones I have tested all burned okay in the snug votive holders, and somewhat unevenly in a shorter holder with a curved edge, but caught up and burned down fine after it all filled in. The wax used was 1343/J50 (75/25 ratio) only additives were vybar and uv inhibitor.

Thanks so much for any suggestions.

Hi guys,

I am new to making votives and made some for the v-day swap. Some reviews I am getting back are saying that they are burning unevenly. What causes this? Is it something that I am doing wrong in the "design" or is it possibly the size/shape of the holder it is being burned in? The ones I have tested all burned okay in the snug votive holders, and somewhat unevenly in a shorter holder with a curved edge, but caught up and burned down fine after it all filled in. The wax used was 1343/J50 (75/25 ratio) only additives were vybar and uv inhibitor.

Thanks so much for any suggestions.

I burned mine in a regular ol joe votive. It was not tight, and it burned fine. As long as it catches up it should be okay. Mine leave hang-up but catch up later.

I used wick pins and cd wicks. I believe the cd's do curl to one side. So if it eventually all burns and doesn't leave a hang up on the side, it should be okay. I like that the wick doesn't have any mushrooms. I believe the LX and RRD wicks all curl too so I would be in the same boat if I switched to one of them. I will try with a zinc wick and compare again to see what I like better overall. Heck I'll line em up and try with the LX and RRD's too and have another go around.

Thanks for all the help...:)