I made my first candles!!

Hi everyone. I so hate the newbie thing, but I guess we have all been there. I have a sister who makes soap and candles which is how I became interested. I started with soap, one batch, and then moved to candles. I used the paraffin wax and scent from Hobby Lobby, which turned out okay and smells really good right now on my burner. I went this route as I didn't want to invest a big amount of money if I wasn't going to enjoy doing it. Needless to say, I so want to do this. I am probably too happy to have found this site but can't wait to get started on this. I can tell I have a lot of reading ahead of me so I will leave this post as it is...

sweet

Welcome!!! You will find a lot of information on here. I have been making candles off and on for a couple of years but feel that I am still a newbie because I haven't been constantly pouring. I have also not found my favorite wax yet either. This is my favorite board that I have come across very helpful people on here.

Congrats on making your first candle and welcome to this site. :wave: It's very helpful as there is so much to read and learn (make sure to read the stickies). You will become quickly addicted and poor (as you'll have to try everything), but you'll make some great friends while you're at it.