new jars from Jar Store

I just received my Jar Store samples a couple of days ago, and geek like! :grin2: I got two of the Melting Pot model, 24 oz and 16 oz, and a 10 oz apothecary. They are the blown one-piece design, and are very elegant looking.

Anyone have experience with this jar, ie wick starting point? Any opinions on dealing with Jar Store? I spoke to Paula there, and she seemed to be very nice.

geek

• 2 weeks later...

I also use the Jar Store, they are great, and really once we compared them with some of the other companies, they were priced better even with the shipping. We looked into a company that we could drive to and pick up the jars, but TJS beat them by almost 50.00 and that was including shipping. Though just in case you weren't told, if you order 7 cases or more call the order in they give you a different price for shipping then if you order off the net.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry such a late post but I was scrolling through.

I bought each size of the melting pot jars. I was having difficulties wicking the 24oz and the 16oz with 100% soy. I went as far as to double wicking with HTP 104 and they tunneled. Then I tried doubling 105's that didn't work. So out of curiosity I doubled HTP1212 of course that burned to hot. So I am in limbo. HTP 1212 and 1312 dont work with one. But I noticed that you double 83's and you said it worked. Maybe I am doing something wrong.

Paula is great for retail related issues but she couldn't help me when it comes to selecting a wick size for that big of jar and she tried to get me to buy their brand of wax. Saying it was the wax to try theirs and it will work.

I would rather just stick with the jars.