Votive question.

I found these real pretty votive holders at thrift shop, love them they hold a votive from the reg. 2' mold perfect. wish i had more or knew where to buy them at, while burning a votive they make thes pretty designs around them, from glow of the votive burning, because the container has little bubble like things on them ...back to my question ..should i use something to hold my wick down ? i;m going make 3 votive in the containers and do 3 more in the molds ( those i know i can't use a stick um with the wick) and since i'm learning about this stuff;) i'm going go ahead and ask how come we can burn a votive without the wick being stuck to bottom of container, yet we have to make sure the wick is down good in other containers, is it because they are small ? :) thanks

IMO, yes we don't worry about the votive wick being stuck down because it's small, and tight fitting, so not much room to have the wick float around in the liquid wax.

Not only that, but usually (at least I do) votives get sold individually and not with the holder, so there would be no way to attach them at that point.

HTH

:)

Thank you, now i know LOL! i knew they got sold individually and thats the way i buy them for decor only. but after finding these cute jars thought i would make me a few with scents. i don't think i have ever burnt a votive all the way down to see if the wick floats.