newbie in need of help

Gdawg

Oh I am so glad that hubby and I found this board, we have been reading posts for hours now. We are really having problems with our pillars when it comes to the relase of them. Do the spray mold release really work? We tried Pam cooking spray as one site suggested and we tried the fridge thing and also the freezer. We have made about a dozen and only the 1st one actaully released lol. Don't know what we did different. Any suggestions would be great as we are getting frustrated.

And what type of molds.

I use a silicone releasant for the tin molds, nothing on the aluminum molds and lightly use Pam on the two-piece plastics. Could be you are trying to release it too soon. Could also just be the candle doesn't want to come out. Used to have a few clear molds that just wouldn't give, so I soaked them in cold water, sometimes overnight, and sometimes that would work. Most of the time it didn't. Don't use those acrylic molds any more if I don't have to.

BTW welcome to the board!

It is P-1 wax, we heat to around 200 and pour around 165. They are the seamless aluminum molds. We have let them completly cool overnight and poke the wax as it sets up and fill back in.

Thanks for the suggestions and replies