System Overload!!!

angied

Ok I am off work today and trying to organize some of my soap stuff...which includes some of my paperwork (I have alteast 1/2 dozen different notebooks with different recipes in each). I am on overload this morning:eek: I am trying to get them all together in like one or 2 books. Now remember I dont sell any of these products they are all for me, friends, and family I really have no desire to get into all that to me this is just a fun and sometimes relaxing(when things go right and I dont want to pull my hair out:laugh2:) hobby.

My questions to all of you is: I have tons of different recipes for soaps, scrubs and such. How do you decide which ones to try? Lord if I tried each of them I would have a room full of soaps to the ceilings and I only do like 3# batches. Do you have one basic recipe and then just kinda add stuff to that or is each recipe totally different?

And what do you do with all your soaps? I give them away to everyone I know if they turn out ok;) but as it stands now I know I have atleast 3-4 boxes of soaps that I havent give away yet. And I still want to make more...:D Ohhhhhhh I never dreamed this would be so addictive but I cant stop myself....Is there a soap making addiction group that I can join:D

Sorry so long. And I want to thank everyone that has helped me in this addiction. This place has a great group of people!!!!

Angie

LOL you're crackin' me up girl. You are definitely not alone in your addiction. ;)

I TRIED to clean up all my supplies the other day-OMG talk about overwhelming/overload!! EEK and double EEK!!

I've got about 3 or 4 boxes of finished soap and B&B products also, and we just use them as needed or when someone comes over I'm always throwing free stuff at them. LOL

I've got a ton of recipes myself and I'm guessing you just need to try a few of them, find the ones you like and decide how many different ones you want to use. You know either just have one or two or more depending on your preferences. ;) But you really won't know which ones to use or that you really like until you try them right?

OK Michi....so that just means that I am going to have to buy more stuff so I can try more recipes.....shopping huh....ok twist my arm;) . Good lord I think I may need a room just to myself for all my supplies. Cant wait till warm weather I can go back to the basement (hubby will be glad for that as well)

Angie

Well you're not alone! I've got one binder where I keep my "stock" recipes. These are ones that I have tried and liked. I've got about 6 soap recipes, 2 scrub recipes that I've forumlated, and the other "stuff". I too see many things that I've liked to try but those go into a file drawer until I decide to play

LOL, this is exactly how I feel. I actually give almost all my soaps away out of my test batches. B&B items I don't have a lot of because I am just getting into them. But everything that I make family is always begging to get some to try.

Once I get a recipe that I like I keep it in a expando file with all my candle stuff.

I have one happy little soap recipie that I wrote myself, and I use it every single time, I like keeping my base the same and playing with my colours and scents instead. I sell so I have no problem moving it, test batches I give away to family and friends or hoard in my linen cabinet till I use it (makes my towels smell good )

OK Michi....so that just means that I am going to have to buy more stuff so I can try more recipes.....shopping huh....ok twist my arm;) . Good lord I think I may need a room just to myself for all my supplies. Cant wait till warm weather I can go back to the basement (hubby will be glad for that as well)

Angie

Glad I could "twist your arm" a little. LOL

Uh yah, I hear ya on needing an extra room just to store supplies, my mess was getting soooo bad that after taking up all the room on my dining room table (with the leaf in it even) plus the dresser, plastic bins and 6 drawer plastic thingy I have near the dining room table, it was spilling out on to my kitchen island. :eek:

I finally said, "Uhhh I think I'd better try and clean up around here!" It was sooo bad I didn't even want to make anything b/c I couldn't FIND anything. LOL

It's still a mess but it's much better. I bought two more huge plastic bins, a metal shelving unit, and got my island cleaned off and most of the stuff off my dining room table.

Good luck to you, and hey at least this is fun right??