Extras in bath bombs

Spellkast

Has anyone ever added powdered milk, colloidal oatmeal or honey to their bath bombs? I'm looking to *jazz* up some bath bombs and I don't want to add any butters (I hate the ring around the tub thing!) And these were the only things I could think of to add to them...I was thinking they could replace either the salts or the corn starch (possibly both) in my recipes. Just looking for a starting point here...I currently use 1/2 cup of cornstarch- should I use 1/2 cup powdered milk and oatmeal? 1/2 cup of powdered honey seems excessive, though, dontcha think? Well, thanks for any insight you may be able to shed!!! :D

Powdered milk - yes, and it's awesome stuff! Be sure to use the fat free unless you're going to use it quick. Collodial oats - is on the list of things to do... Honey - is a humectant and you may eventually get mushy bombs.

I'm sorry I can't help you with my amounts or percentages though..

Thank you! I'm going to make a batch tonight using some FAT FREE powdered milk- :D and another one using some oatmeal. I have some functional honey and will need to play around with the recipe on that one. I thought I had some powdered honey around here somewhere, but can't find it anywhere!! Thanks!!!

Oooh I bet I'd like those bombs with the milk and/or the oatmeal and honey in them, I too do not like a ring around my tub (hate cleaning tubs).

Fat-free milk obviously has no fats, which I'm assuming may make go rancid quicker (the fats in reg. milk)?? Just a guess. ;)

Yeah, I definitely think the full fat powdered stuff would go bad quicker. Like with regular milk- I seriously had a carton of fat free milk in my fridge (back in my healthy kick) for about 2 months and it still wasn't bad when I dumped it!!! So the powdered stuff must be the same way. I made a very small batch last night with powdered milk, and I tried it in the tub- my GOSH!! It's wonderful! I just love it! My skin was so nice and soft afterwards and moisturized! I also did one with oatmeal- but I didn't try it yet, I will tonight!! I'm still searching for my darn honey!! Texas- You CAN definitely use herbs in them!! I had a customer special order some peppermint and lavender bath bombs with herbs and EO's a while back and they were beautiful (if I do say so myself!!!) :D The woman loved them!! You may need to add a little extra oil to get them to pack together well, but they're a really nice extra touch!