Testing Strawberries

tamsoycandles

We're going to be doing a booth at a Strawberry Festival this year in Troy, OH. I want to test a bunch of stawberry fragrances. Any recommendations? I tried Fresh Strawberry from NG, but didn't care for it. It threw fine, I just didn't care for the scent.

Load me up. If you've got samples to be rid of, let me know too.

Tony

off the subject, but I live in N.KY and have been told the Strawberry Fest is nice. Umm...your mouth will be watering the whole show...beats doing the Sauerkraut Fest, one day into that and I am soooo sick of the smell.

It would be kind of cool to add Strawberries and Champagne as well, I don't do candles but it is a top seller in soap:D

I live 10 minutes from Troy, so I'm lucky.

I'm usually not a festival person, but if I can make a few bucks, what the heck! I do love strawberries, however. We have a huge strawberry farm nearby that you can go to and pick 'em fresh. Mmmmm.. That's the smell I'm looking for.

Tony

Tony, what type of wax do you use?

Soy. Specifically, NVSoy (CandleWealth's soy wax). I'm a distributor.

They have excellent fragrances. I'm just rounding out my offerings by adding some other fragrances to my line. I already have a nice Wild Strawberry fragrance, but I wanted to try some others in case it is not available when the time comes for the festival.

Thanks for all the suggestions. I'll be ordering a few and testing them. Seems like it takes months to test and establish a line of candles. I'm fast becoming a fragrance addict. I think I blow through more wax just testing than I do selling.

Tony

It's definitely thick. And it is strong - I whipped up some t?rts tonight to try it. To my nose there is a little extra "zing" in the BCN version that is missing here - a touch of tartness. Now, that's only after just having finished pouring and probably has nothing to do with how they will be when they've cooled and cured - but OOB and OOP (I think I made that one up, but I mean "out of pot" :D ) that's what my poor nose detects. (But I got THIRTEEN SAMPLES from JS tonight and had to sniff 'em all -so it's amazing I can smell ANYTHING!!!)

I've only tried BCN's Strawberry Jam, and it's strong and goood! BUT, I've yet to be disappointed in any of Just Scents FO's, and if the girls that have tried both prefer JS's, I'm thinking you should get a sample of that. ;) Now I may have to get a sample of it myself. LOL

Ooooh strawberry Festival sounds divine, not far from where I live there is a big strawberry growing area also, and they have a festival I'm sure.

Of course I'm also close to the Apricot Festival, and the Artichoke capitol of the world, and the Garlic capitol of the world!! :D LOL