Cookie/muffin mix candles

I saw this on a website, so cute!! Well what im wondering is...do you think that these candles just have the top part of the candle that is wax, and only that can be burned, or is it all wax? It doesnt even say on the website whether its all wax or not. I was just trying to think how one would make a candle like this, with embeds AND wax? Or do you think its only meant to burn just the top portion or something as i mentioned? What do you think. They are ADORABLE! The big pic below is of the chocolate chip marshmallow brownie one. :drool:

candle_mixins.jpg

candle_mixins_choc_marsh_br.jpg

I just did the store location search and there is one here in Albuquerque. I will try to get there and see first hand how this candle works! Will report back.

You need to get one soon and report back. I just can't believe that you can burn the entire thing. The oatmeal does look real. But the idea is interesting.

oh barbara thank you!! i wanna know how these things work, i wanna make one if possible lol. they are adorable! I wonder, ive seen like grubby jar candles on ebay before ya know, where they have some whipped up wax, then some embeds, then more whipped wax, and embeds. Would that burn ok? Wouldnt there be air inbetween the layers? I might have to try this lol.

OMG these things are all over! I dont know though if ALL the products are carried by each of these places. But it says these products are carried by the mercer county hospital gift shop...here in aledo illinois where im at! And guess what, thats the gift shop that is carrying my candles also! And guess what else girls?? She just called me yesterday and said MY candles are the best selling item there!! CAN YOU BELIEVE IT!! WOOOOHOOO!! :D I am SO proud, especially if things like that are being sold there!! I dont know though, maybe she carries some of the things once in a while...cause i havent seen alot of them. Havent really paid attention lol. But wow, I cant believe that. I will have to look in the gift shop next time i drop off candles and see what they got lol....

mostly memories candles are all wax.

they also do pie wedges, full pies, etc.

the jar candle like the picture are really well done embeds. They have a couple of really nice lines. I like the looks of their jelly bean jars also.

I am not surpirsed that your out sell theirs, they are cute, but they sure don't have much of a smell. The pie slice comes in a really unique holder, but the pie burns like crap and I couldn't smell a thing.

ps they are also showing their absolutely best picture, the ones that I have seen are not exactly perfect and in most you can tell they are embeds right off.

Really? That is just wierd....it looks like real oatmeal and i dont know how they would get embeds to look like that lol I wonder if they use some real food in the candle just for the purpose of taking the picture. Because how would you make wax to look like real oats lol. I know i could use brown sugar crumble embeds, i have some of that, but is the white just poured wax? It looks like sugar or flour! Hmm i wonder...

Really? That is just wierd....it looks like real oatmeal and i dont know how they would get embeds to look like that lol I wonder if they use some real food in the candle just for the purpose of taking the picture. Because how would you make wax to look like real oats lol. I know i could use brown sugar crumble embeds, i have some of that, but is the white just poured wax? It looks like sugar or flour! Hmm i wonder...

If that candle is meant to be burned all the way down, I'm thinking the same thing you are. lol That oatmeal is just too real to be embeds. I think they used the real thing just for the picture.

You can grind wax really fine to make the sugar (white or brown) and add some glass "sugar" glitter to it. The closest thing I think to making oatmeal like this would be soy wax flakes dusted with a little cinnamon.

I went ahead and ordered some of these...there was a holiday clearance price of 12.99 for 3. (Curiosity got the best of me). The ingredient parts are real...except for the berries...they are wax embeds. The candle part is just a wicked votive glass placed in the middle (on top of the ingredient layers) and then wax poured into the glass as well as around it. The heat from the votive glass eventually liquified the wax surrounding it. See pics.

post-123-139458394913_thumb.jpg

post-123-139458394914_thumb.jpg

post-123-139458394915_thumb.jpg