Decorative Pillars

I have noticed some lovely pillars in the gallery...my question is, when you pour the "slanted designs", how do you keep the wax from looking "rustic" when the candle is complete. if you pour too hot, the damn wax "bleeds" like a stuck pig!

thanks for any info!!

Yep, its a tricky business. You need to pour hot enough to avoid the rustic effect but also allow the previous layer to set up enough that it doesn't bleed but not too set up that the layers won't adhere. One suggestion is to allow the first layer to get reasonably set up but then poke relief holes for the new layer to seep into to help with adherence and to also zap the top with a heat gun to slightly melt it, again to increase adherence. Heck, just keep playing around with pouring temps and set up times until you're happy with the result. How about checking out the gallery again for some pics you like and asking the creator for tips.

thanks for your suggestions! i actually banged my head against the wall again today trying to make another i was "happy" with...turned out better this time...i do believe it's all a matter of patience and yes...correct temp!

thanks again!!