Peaks FO

ebarnes

Has anyone had any negative testing experiences using Peaks FO? I have not, I know that I MUST test in order to get an accurate measure of what Im looking for. I will admit that I have cheated in the past. I have sold a few candles using Peaks FO that I have yet to test. NO COMPLAINTS!!!!

They work great for me in J223 but you need to test to determine the correct amount of FO and the correct wick. I use anyplace from 1/2 oz to 1 1/2 oz depending on the scent and the application. Several FOs needed wicking up and some needed to be wicked down. You just don't know unless you test.

They work great for me in J223 but you need to test to determine the correct amount of FO and the correct wick. I use anyplace from 1/2 oz to 1 1/2 oz depending on the scent and the application. Several FOs needed wicking up and some needed to be wicked down. You just don't know unless you test.

Same for me, but with J50. Don't sell without testing. One day it will bite ya', lol. But they do have great FOs.

Not with testing, but i just recieved a pound of French Vanilla in my order that has about an inch and a half of sludge in the bottom of the bottle, sent an e-mail to them about it last Thursday, and have'nt recieved a reply back yet. Been ordering from them for a while and never had a problem with any of there oils, until this bottle of French Vanilla.

Yes, there have been some that I've never been able to wick properlyr. Even though I love the scent and wouldn't think it would be a problem.

Why take chances with your biz reputation?

Well, I sell these to friends mainly and ask for thier opinions. Im pretty hard on myself, I have candle nose somewhat. I may sell a 16oz jar for $3.50 (cost to make candle) just to cover my expenses. I have actually sold 2-3 of the sample from Peaks (Caramel Apple) to co-workers, I have test burned this one using J223 but never Soy. I also give quit a few of them away to co-workers after I burn them (they understand that it's a test burn). I let them burn after I burn get thier opinions and burn myself later to ensure a complete burn. Rest assure nothing leaves my house without a test from either me or friends.

So far I've tried Honeysuckle, Watermelon, Hyacinth and Black Raspberry Vanilla, the only one I'm having trouble with is the BRV. The scent will linger and float through the house, but is on the light side. I have SEVERAL others to pour yet, but so far I like them!

The only one I have problems with and had to discontinue in jars is Creamy Praline Pecan. I can not get this to stay in the wax. MIX and mix some more , even heated and it will still seep out. May take a month or so ,though but I still do in pillers , votives and tarts.

I've been using Peaks for over a year now and have NEVER had a problem with their F/O in soy! Granted I've only tried maybe fifteen of their scents but they've ALL thrown well for me! I test each one myself and have four other testers. I haven't always liked the scents but have NEVER had a problem getting them to throw in C-3. Some need more curing than other though.

I came to this board thinking Blue Spruce wasn't throwing. What it actually was was a longer cure. eight days instead of five. It wasn't knock ya outta the room strong but my customer loved it.

I LOVE PEAKS! But I test 5 candles before releasing a scent to the public too.

So far I've tried Honeysuckle, Watermelon, Hyacinth and Black Raspberry Vanilla, the only one I'm having trouble with is the BRV. The scent will linger and float through the house, but is on the light side. I have SEVERAL others to pour yet, but so far I like them![/quo

I pored the BRV from JS and it did the same thing at 1oz. per lb. IMHO I think it is a great scent, just light.

So far I've tried Honeysuckle, Watermelon, Hyacinth and Black Raspberry Vanilla, the only one I'm having trouble with is the BRV. The scent will linger and float through the house, but is on the light side. I have SEVERAL others to pour yet, but so far I like them![/quo

I pored the BRV from JS and it did the same thing at 1oz. per lb. IMHO I think it is a great scent, just light.

The BRV from C&S is very strong and throws well for me in paraffin. I haven't tried Peak or JS, because this one works well for me.

The BRV from C&S is very strong and throws well for me in paraffin. I haven't tried Peak or JS, because this one works well for me.

I spoke to soon, I tested Peaks Juicy Pineapple and Baby Powder last night. :angry2: :angry2: :angry2: :angry2: I guess I will not be adding them to my line.