Metal Tape

Can't remember what its called, but I get it in the plumbing section at Home Depot. There are a couple of brands. Its fairly thin and comes in a roll. Have to get more today, so will pm you with the brand name asap.

I couldn't find anything called metal tape. I bought some silver ALUMINUM tape, is that the same thing that yer all talking about????

I ran into the same thing tucker... could only find aluminum tape but it's the same as what's being described here. I've already used my aluminum tape on a few pillar molds & it works like a dream - it's my new favorite tool!

HTH!

ALUMINUM TAPE.....BLAH. I poured trial candles twice and it ain't worth a damn. The first one I thought oh well, put more tape and try again. WRONG// the damn wax took all of three minutes to run out. I gotta go to HOME DEPOT and try to get metal tape as you folks so graciously suggest.

Tucker - got mine at home depot...took forever to find it though, one guy said plumbing, one said over by the furnace area. Finally found it, came home & ordered wick pins. Not going through that again! I have seen the light :D

Kellyo

Tucker, I see from your other post that you got it working, good man!

Should you be on the prowl for more, the aluminum tape is what you want. Doubtful that you'll find anything else. (Although you can sometimes find stainless tape at an auto parts store).

When you apply it, make sure that your wick or mold sealer doesn't extend beyond the edge of the tape. I leave my bit of wick sticking out, put a bit of mold sealer on it, and cover with the tape....smooth it all out with your fingernail till there's no wrinkles (anyone else used to do that with your Ding-Dong or Ho-Ho wrappers as a kid, back when they were wrapped in foil?).