cream soap

lbtddr

i tried making cream soap.it turned out like wet clay. when i tried to thin it it ended up separating.does any one have a good recipe for cream soap. i tried this one twice. if you wont clay like soap it works. but i just do not no what i would do with it.

A great resource for cream soaps is the CreamSoap group on Yahoo groups. You can join the group and then look in the files section. The instructions for the last online class are there under "Pumpkin Cream Soap step by step". Lots of pics too! :)

Another resource is cream soap making by Catherine Failor. Most swear by this book and I particularly love a few of the recipes in it. You can search and see some of my pictures of the cream soap I made a little bit ago in the B&B Gallery. What problems are you having with the soap to be exact?

Pam

i had a four day weekend. thought i would go for it. but it is like really thick clay or more like taffy it even stretches.i tried adding oil and water to one batch it ended up being liquid soap. the next batch i guess i added to much water it separated.thought it would be like face cream. but it did not work for me. i will try another recipe this weekend.maybe it will turn out better.does any one no what it should feel like.

i had a four day weekend. thought i would go for it. but it is like really thick clay or more like taffy it even stretches.i tried adding oil and water to one batch it ended up being liquid soap. the next batch i guess i added to much water it separated.thought it would be like face cream. but it did not work for me. i will try another recipe this weekend.maybe it will turn out better.does any one no what it should feel like.

I like to wait a week or 2 before adding much water. Cream soap is a strange animal with a mind of its own. I have some that thins out when its cold, thickens right back when warm.:confused:

gene I have some also that thins in cold and thickens in heat also....I have never had a batch go rancid. Must be the oils or something that you used or the person used. I have some from a year ago still that is great stuff for shaving my legs. I make a batch about every 2 months/usually sell half and then keep the rest for myself!:D This stuff is great makeup remover that does not leave your skin dry and tight. Just have to have patience with the stuff and lots of time. I let my last batch sit there and (rot) for 3 weeks before I remembered that I needed to whip it up and add the silk/and extra aloe. That batch was a dream.....need to get that recipe out and try it again see if I can duplicate it.

Don't worry you'll get it with lots of patience though!

Pam

• 4 weeks later...

i think i will wait and try again this summer. when school is out and i am not working so much.after four try and it looked great at first i give up for now on this.i do believe i finally got a good liquid soap that is moisturizing i will settle for that for now.