room spray HELP!!!

jilljack

I tried using distilled water, poly 20, F/O, and potassium sorbate with very cloudy results!! I have tried cyclo in the past and it is too heavy and oily for me. I want a very light, clear mist, that doesn't send you sliding across the floor. For those of you that have tried CME (caprol micro express) does it give you clear results with all of your F/O's and does it make your spray too heavy and oily? I haven't tried the witch hazel yet......how does that turn out?

i like the witch hazel, water and preserative recipe the best.

i use cyclo with some things but not a room or linen spray. i tried the polysorbate and didnt care for it. i have not tried the caprol.

how much fo are you using?

Can you share your witch hazel recipe? Maybe I can give that a try.

I have tried every ratio of F/O and poly20 starting with 1/2 teaspoon and up and at this point I could probaly fill my bath tub with cloudy room spray!!! Some are crystal clear and some are not. I need more consistency than what i am getting!! Thanks for the help!

when using polysorbate with fos, some will cloud and some will stay clear, that is normal. some people package their sprays in colored or alum spray bottles so you cant see the cloudy mixture.

some only use fos that stay clear when mixed.

linen spray recipe

8 oz distilled water

3 oz witch hazel

preserative of choice, following the manuf recommendations

3% fo for linen spray**

when i tested my fos, most do pretty good, a few did not do well for me.

**when making a room spray, you decide how much fo to use by testing**

you have to shake before you spray each time.

I use CME and yes, it does give you a clear spray. That said, I did have one that turned a little bit yellowish from the FO. I don't think the spray is heavy or oily. I use half distilled water and half aloe vera juice and add a bit of FCO. I do have to add a lot more CME than is stated in order to get it emulsified properly and clear. But it does work well for me and my customers love it.

• 10 months later...
I use CME and yes, it does give you a clear spray. That said, I did have one that turned a little bit yellowish from the FO. I don't think the spray is heavy or oily. I use half distilled water and half aloe vera juice and add a bit of FCO. I do have to add a lot more CME than is stated in order to get it emulsified properly and clear. But it does work well for me and my customers love it.

Please pardon my ignorance - what is CME and FCO? Thanks for helping:embarasse

• 4 weeks later...