I promise I did a search...

Okay, I *know* I've seen a post on this topic, but I did some searching, and didn't come up with anything...

I know that many companies offer their own brand of 100% soy wax, and they are all called different things...but is there any difference between them? Isn't 100% soy is 100% soy is 100% soy? Or do they do different soybean oil/other additions ratios?

I have been very happy with EZSoy, but I have always wondered why people who complain about frosting try different pure soys - is there really a difference?

It's like 100% coffee. Not a great analogy but good enough. Different raw materials and processing results in different products. When you hydrogenate the oil there are a number of variables you can tweak and things you can blend to make it come out various ways. Another way of thinking about 100% soy is that Crisco vegetable oil, Crisco vegetable shortening, and pure soy wax all qualify.