Sons of B......

Grumpy Girl

Holy mother of crap. I just tried (key word here is tried) to soap SOS's Lovely. It was soap on a stick as soon as I tilted the bucket to pour my first layer. I mean, locked up tight in mid pour. I used Cool oils, 80 degrees, cool lye, 80 degrees, and I added the FO to the oils first since I knew it was a floral. CRAP. This is gonna be some UGLY soap. Looks like I made a batch of soap just for me.

I soaped this before and never had this problem. I'm sticking with SW's version.

Oh man, that sucks woman! Not sure what lovely smells like, but you're welcome to send some my way ;)

I was itching to post my "soap on a stick" story but the board was down. I, um, tweaked a recipe, decided it was time for adventures in stearic acid (I only added 4%)... used a familiar FO & OO for the main oil, BUT I still used a pretty big discount. Never even touched my SB. Added the lye, stirred for all of 5 seconds and it came together... then I realized I didn't have my mold put together - BIG FAT DUH!!! Put the mold together & my spoon was in sticking straight out of the pot! Was just barely able to add the FO & ground calendula petals... cut it less than 12hrs later - 24hrs later it feels like it's been sitting for a month. Feels great though LOL!

Trade ya!

Well, I jammed it in the mold and spread it out best I could, I was able to do that but the layers won't be even and pretty like Brendas are, which is what I was going for...

What pisses me off was that I did a "mosaic tile" with CP and MP last night and put it on the bottom layer of the mold and poured over it. Guess I'll be redoing the tile again tonight and try again later on.

Here's the tile, and my "pattern" wasn't that great to begin with, so maybe it's a good thing I have to redo it.

mosaic.jpg

Dang! That's a real disappointment. :undecided It's really annoying when the soap develops a mind of its own and doesn't match the picture you have in your head of the ultimate results!

I like your clear soap with the tiles in it. Very cool! :) Good luck on your second try!

Sounds like a rebatch. Sorry you had a problem. I had mine seize up when I used rose in mine, almost instantly. So now I am doing that ole dixie cup trick. Where I pour just a spoonful in it and a few drops of FO, to see if it is gonna seize up or not. Hate it when that happens! :angry2:

Aww thats too bad.. You had SOAP on a stick, I had "OIls in a glass"LOL meaning I tried to soap coconut cream pie from Southern scentsatoins and for some reason it started out wonderful and then I went to add the meriagane top and tis all turned to Clear liquid oil! I tried rebatching and everything no,luck still kept getting clear oil.lol!! So maybe this will make you feel better:o

Thanks guys, it's gelling right now so we'll see how bad it is in the morning. I put a book on top of the saran wrap and used the gel to my advantage while it was in a semi liquid state again to squish it out a bit while it's gelling and maybe fill the corners more.

Oil in a glass would seriously piss me off. I want to try a soap meringue soon. I have some lemon chiffon pie that has been calling my name. How do you do the meringue part anyway?

With my topping for pie soap I set aside some oils and add TD

wait till it gets a really thick trace and then pour on top of the already setting up first pour (I usually dont add Fragrance to the white part so it can sit a minute and wait for the first part to get thick. Anway after you pour the white at thick trace, take a fork and gently lift and turn all over the top.(dont go to deep ir youll get th first layer color mixed with your white. this works for me, Im sure there a better way, but its easy.hth

So sorry that happened. Lovey is such a "lovely" scent LOL. If you want to try another one, I just did a batch with Scent Works Lovely. I soaped at low temps, had no A or D and plenty of time to play with it. That mosaic idea is awesome. I hope you can salvage your batch.

Thanks. I always soap with the SW version, but I wanted to try this one out and of course my stupid *** never thought about testing since the first bottle I used was fine.

SW's version is the best out there IMO. I have enough time with that one to do whatever I need to do, even soaping it at medium temps.

I unmolded it this morning and it was just beyond repair. It's going to be recycled since it's only cosmetic. It mixed well, so I was lucky there. I'll reincarnate it soon. ;)