maybe a dumb question?

angied

I have used a tupperware like container for some of my mp soaps and was wondering if this could be used for cphp soaps. Or even cp soaps...I have mainly done cphp so really wondering about this. I have only done loaf molds and would like to try some sort of slab before I go spending alot on a mold.

Thanks in advance:D

Angie

Thanks Gene,

Is there anything else I can use for a slab mold? And which kind of molds do most people prefer....is a slab easier or is the loaf? I was just wondering which one made prettier bars so to speak:tongue2:

Angie

It's really a matter of preference. Slab molds if you want to get elaborate with textured swirls. Log if you like delicate swirls that blend. Not to say it isn't possible to acheive similar results in both. Personally I like logs, I don't do oven process so they give me a uniform gel.

You can use carboard box's lined with trash bags in a pinch for hp or cp, but in the oven you need to be a little more picky. My opinion. Clear as mud now?:laugh2:

Oh, I almost forgot Martha molds work.

Clear as mud Gene:D I have a log mold my hubby made and have 2 martha molds....I was just wondering about the slab molds. I may try the cardboard thing (the ones pop cans come in should be fine I would think:confused: )

I guess I just need to try it and see which I like best...huh;) .

Thanks again

Angie