Forgive me, for I have sinned.

Thanks for the great suggestions for dupes...that's what I need. To spend more money. That really thrills the husband. ;)

Okay, so I'm more and more in love with the CC as the night wears on...of course it's fading fast, bleh. Thank goodness I bought two. I also bought 2 Lemon Zest tarts, I'm a sucka for any kind of tart lemon, and I got 2 other tarts...can't remember now. And a HUGE container. Hee. Bad girl!

Yup...that Cranberry Chutney is very nice. Save on Scents has that and most of their dupes are dead on. They also have Storm Watch. Actually, they've got alot of Yankee Scents. I cave in and buy their stuff too...but I only buy their tarts and car jars because I won't pay the kind of money they want for their jars....but even their tarts went up in price...they're at $1.59 or $1.69 a piece. I remember when they were $.79 or $.89 each. I just got their catalog in the mail the other day and I really, really want to get the Willow Breeze...it smells like the old Agree shampoo/conditioner...I LOVED THAT SHAMPOO! It smelled so fresh and clean.

You are forgiven! I was at a friend's house yesterday and she had a Yankee Storm Watch burning (I think that was the fragrance). I fell in love with it. I haven't gone to our local Hallmark to buy one yet, but if I can't find a FO dupe, I'm afraid I may take that path yet!! :naughty:

I personally love Natures Garden Storm watch.....to me its an exact dupe. Course my nose and your nose may smell two different things ....but I love it.

Pam

• 1 year later...
I bought a Yankee today.

:tiptoe:

The Cranberry Chutney is amazing. I LOVE it. I bought some tarts and I'm burning the Cran Chut and it is spectacular, I've got to find a dupe. I just HAD to have a candle I didn't make, and since the board was down, I couldn't go browsing through y'all's websites, and it was a jonesing I just couldn't ignore...until I bought a candle. DTs have been averted, but now I'm in the shame stage, coupled by a little of denial (no! I did NOT buy a Yankee!) and perhaps next will be a little anger (damn it, self! what have you done feeding the corporate, mediocre product machine?!) and perhaps I'll get to acceptance soon...but right now, I just needed to confess.

Danie sneaks off furtively sniffing her beloved cranberry chutney tarts whispering "my preeeeeeciousssssssssssssss"

I'm sorry. I am from the deep South and this just sounded really funny!

:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

I was given a sample of Cranberry Chutney from candlesandsupplies.com along with their reeds at one of the shows. I appreciate the freebie, but it just smells like yet another "tootie-fruitie" to me.

Personally I think you should completely and QUICKLY forgive yourself for buying the candle.:wink2:

I buy candles all the time...and hopefully I will never even want to stop...it is just one of my favorite things to buy and always has been. I love trying new candles...and purchasing my old favorites. I have never quite understood why just because we make candles it would make us not want to buy them anymore. Just don't get it. If you learn how to sew would it mean that you would never buy clothes from a store again? Even IF you think yours are as good? I guess I am in the minority about this one.To each his own I suppose.

Now, you SHOULD be ashamed for buying the Yankme...there are much better out there!

Originally Posted by daniedb viewpost.gif

I bought a Yankee today.

The Cranberry Chutney is amazing. I LOVE it. I bought some tarts and I'm burning the Cran Chut and it is spectacular, I've got to find a dupe. I just HAD to have a candle I didn't make, and since the board was down, I couldn't go browsing through y'all's websites, and it was a jonesing I just couldn't ignore...until I bought a candle. DTs have been averted, but now I'm in the shame stage, coupled by a little of denial (no! I did NOT buy a Yankee!) and perhaps next will be a little anger (damn it, self! what have you done feeding the corporate, mediocre product machine?!) and perhaps I'll get to acceptance soon...but right now, I just needed to confess.

Danie sneaks off furtively sniffing her beloved cranberry chutney tarts whispering "my preeeeeeciousssssssssssssss"

I live with a Southerner, he thought this was funny too. :confused:

But me being originally from New York, find it hard to laugh.:P

Just kidding.

By the way, I too think you should make everyone a home made pillar that has posted.:D

Originally Posted by daniedb viewpost.gif

I bought a Yankee today.

I live with a Southerner, he thought this was funny too. :confused:

But me being originally from New York, find it hard to laugh.:P

Just kidding.

By the way, I too think you should make everyone a home made pillar that has posted.:D

Hahahahahaha! I had to do a double take after I read it. I'm thinking - what - the war is over - isn't it? LOL!

You are forgiven! I was at a friend's house yesterday and she had a Yankee Storm Watch burning (I think that was the fragrance). I fell in love with it. I haven't gone to our local Hallmark to buy one yet, but if I can't find a FO dupe, I'm afraid I may take that path yet!! :naughty:

Bev, Peaks has a great Storm Watch FO:D