Forgive me, for I have sinned.

I bought a Yankee today.

:tiptoe:

The Cranberry Chutney is amazing. I LOVE it. I bought some tarts and I'm burning the Cran Chut and it is spectacular, I've got to find a dupe. I just HAD to have a candle I didn't make, and since the board was down, I couldn't go browsing through y'all's websites, and it was a jonesing I just couldn't ignore...until I bought a candle. DTs have been averted, but now I'm in the shame stage, coupled by a little of denial (no! I did NOT buy a Yankee!) and perhaps next will be a little anger (damn it, self! what have you done feeding the corporate, mediocre product machine?!) and perhaps I'll get to acceptance soon...but right now, I just needed to confess.

Danie sneaks off furtively sniffing her beloved cranberry chutney tarts whispering "my preeeeeeciousssssssssssssss"

You are forgiven! I was at a friend's house yesterday and she had a Yankee Storm Watch burning (I think that was the fragrance). I fell in love with it. I haven't gone to our local Hallmark to buy one yet, but if I can't find a FO dupe, I'm afraid I may take that path yet!! :naughty:

You are forgiven! I was at a friend's house yesterday and she had a Yankee Storm Watch burning (I think that was the fragrance). I fell in love with it. I haven't gone to our local Hallmark to buy one yet, but if I can't find a FO dupe, I'm afraid I may take that path yet!! :naughty:

Peaks has a good Stormwatch dupe. Be strong, you can hold on a little longer!

Unfortunately, that's one of my partner's fav. Yank** scents,(the Cran. Chutney) and we've tried a few dupes, unsuccessfully though..:undecided

I THINK MC has a dead on Storm Watch dupe (should've checked the site first before I posted that, sorry if I'm wrong folks...:o )

I should also add that since we started making candles and tarts, I will NOT burn a commercial product, and Yanks Warm Apple Crisp is like, my fav. scent ever...

But, of COURSE you are forgiven!!!

The first step in getting help is recognizing you have a problem.

As topofmurrayhill would say, "I thought I sensed a disturbance in the Force."

We all do strange things when we are deprived of what we are addicted to, and our bodies may reject attempts at appeasement by creating feelings of guilt, followed by shame and self-loathing.

In the interest of compassion, I will abandon my usual hard line, soften my heart, and grant absolution THIS ONE TIME ONLY.

Don't let it happen again. :wink2:

geek

I personally have never tried it but that's what I read somewhere- ya can't beat it to order 8oz of it for $5 and get the free samples as well- I love ordering from them!

And I got a storm watch from ICS that seems really strong- didn't put it in wax yet ...so i can't comment. just thought i'd throw it out there if you were looking for them.

Meredyth

bev,:) i think i saw storm watcher at lone star candle supply.

I will forgive you for buying the candle!

However I can not forgive you for pointing out yet another FO that I must try. I am a sucker for anything cranberry thanks to JS. I think we need to have an icon that is a "FO HOE WARNING" icon. You select that warning if your post contains a rave about another fo.

lol even if it were done I would probably read those post first anyway.

...:tiptoe: :tiptoe: :tiptoe: slidin' off to look at the sites with dupes:tiptoe: :tiptoe: :tiptoe: ....

I have at least 40 Yankee tarts that I bought BEFORE I started making candles......I keep looking at them and wondering....should I? But it feels so WRONG...:D Of course, I am a newbie, and with the luck I am having making candles, I better just hold onto those babies a while longer...LOL

I'm pretty sure thecandlemakerstore.com has a dupe....

but saveonscents too, right?

Now I want to smell the yankee.

I've also heard the candlemakerstore is a good dupe, haven't gotten around to trying it myself though. I do love that scent.